Posted on September 18, 2012
Director of Strategic Partnerships
College Summit - Director of Strategic Partnerships
A national non-profit founded in 1993, College Summit equips principals, teachers, and counselors to provide a postsecondary planning curriculum that helps students connect the dots between their future goals and the academic choices they make, starting in 9th grade. A linchpin of our approach is leveraging the power of peer influence to build a culture in high schools where going to college is the expectation, not the exception. In addition, we partner with high schools to examine their data and use it to drive improvement in college-going rates. College Summit is the country’s largest high school college-going culture provider, currently serving approximately 50,000 students in 180 high schools across 12 states and the District of Columbia.
For more information, visit www.collegesummit.org.
The Director of Strategic Partnerships will directly manage funder partnerships of strategic importance to the organization. The incumbent will report to the Managing Director, Development Operations and work closely with the Chief Development Officer, the CEO, the Director of Corporate and Foundation Giving, and other fundraising staff. Experience in account management is necessary, as this role will manage the 1-2 most critical accounts for College Summit, and will shape account management strategies for all accounts. Partnerships touch on a range of activities and issues, including corporate employee engagement and public relations, events, stewardship reports, and networking.
- Help to manage key external partnerships and identify, develop, and maintain positive relationships with external stakeholders to support College Summit’s mission.
- Coordinate stewardship and account management and share strategies with advancement team and national and regional staff.
- Contribute to the creation of funder engagement activities, including volunteer opportunities in the regions, school site visits, and key meetings.
- Coordinate with marketing and communications on publicity needs.
- Manage and draft stewardship reports.
- Conduct analysis and make recommendations on strategic opportunities.
- Collaborate with functional leaders to support prioritized major partnerships and align partner deliverables with College Summit resources and strategy.
- Provide breakthrough thinking and problem-solving through effective functional engagement on a range of strategic projects.
- Prioritize in a fluid environment with ability to clearly articulate how projects – both proposed and approved – tie back to ROI and strategic objectives.
- Write emails, letters, and presentations.
- Conduct brief research projects.
Bachelor’s degree required. Master's degree in a related field a plus.
At least 4 years of relevant work experience in account management strongly desired.
Strong communication skills and public presence.
Excellent, and efficient, writing and presentation skills.
Effective critical thinker with solid pattern recognition abilities.
Strong project management skills; able to self-manage own projects to completion and collaborate with others.
Highly organized and able to manage a number of diverse tasks, activities, and projects.
Good interpersonal skills: ability to work with cross-functional teams and lead through influence.
Flexible and adaptable; ability to perform well in an entrepreneurial environment.
Capable, trusted pair of additional hands.
Enthusiasm for College Summit’s mission of helping low-income students enroll in college.
College Summit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Submit your resume, a thoughtful cover letter that speaks to your interest in College Summit and your fit for this position, and salary requirements via http://www.collegesummit.org/careers