Posted on September 7, 2012
Marketing and Communications Director
Young Judaea Global
Young Judaea Global - Marketing and Communications Director Organization
Young Judaea, the premier Zionist youth movement worldwide, challenges young people from grade school through post-college to become involved in social and educational activities that sharpen their senses of Jewish and Zionist identity. Young Judaea programs include a variety of year-round activities; summer camps nationwide; Alternative Winter Break; Year Course in Israel freshman gap-year program, including its Shalem Modern Orthodox initiative; Israel summer programs for teens, including YJ Machon, Israel Discovery, and I Speak Israel; Taglit-Birthright Israel trips; Amirim college summer offerings; and WUJS Israel post-college internship and study programs. The movement is a “103 year old start-up” having recently become an independent organization – we are building a dynamic, entrepreneurial, creative staff to meet current challenges and embrace new opportunities. For more information, please visit www.youngjudaea.org.
Young Judaea seeks a creative, dynamic professional with strong communications, marketing and sales skills to serve as its Marketing & Communications Director. The Marketing & Communications Director is responsible for creating and implementing the communications and marketing strategy for the global organization and all of its programs. The Marketing/Communications Director oversees a team of recruiters – both professional alumni/parent volunteers —and works with outside consultants to accomplish some of the work. The Marketing & Communications Director is supervised by the Executive Director.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive strategic communications plan, integrating public relations, web, social media, digital marketing, events, partnerships, etc.;
- Work with internal departments to produce marketing collateral such as e-newsletters, brochures, reports and other resources on and offline;
- Manage press strategy and outreach, continually identify new media, partnership and publicity opportunities;
- Manage editorial calendar, craft and edit blog posts, write speaking points, op-eds, speeches;
- Serve as ambassador at events, speaking engagements, panels and other public forums;
- Manage outside consultants to ensure timeliness and quality of their projects;
- Assist and lead special projects as needed, such as: re-launching Young Judaea’s website, managing national roll-out of messaging and branding.
Works closely with Board of Directors’ Marketing and Recruitment Committee in designing and evaluating strategy.
Responsible for the hiring and supervision of Recruitment staff and volunteers.
Member of Young Judaea national staff – active in major decision-making regarding all areas of communications - marketing, policy, strategy, etc.
Serve as an enthusiastic and well-informed spokesperson for the organization to the wider community
Minimum 5 years direct experience in marketing and communications
Effective communicator, oral and written, and exceptional interpersonal-skills
Knowledge of organized Jewish community
Energetic, flexible multi-tasker
Knowledge of and experience working with websites, social media, communication and on-line giving technologies
College degree required; relevant graduate degree preferred
Young Judaea offers competitive nonprofit sector compensation commensurate with experience, and a generous benefits package.
Position Start Date: Immediately
To apply for this job please submit a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until the position is filled.