Posted on September 6, 2012
West Windsor Arts Council
West Windsor Arts Council - Executive Director
Background: The Mayor’s Art Center Formation Task Force established the West Windsor Arts Council (WWAC) in 2002 with a mission to establish an arts center at the Princeton Junction firehouse and to provide community arts programming. The West Windsor Arts Center opened its doors Sept. 25, 2010, and offers live performances, art exhibits, classes, camps and workshops to the greater West Windsor region.
Position Available: The West Windsor Arts Council, a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization, is seeking a dynamic and experienced leader to serve as Executive Director. The Arts Council’s mission is to manage the West Windsor Arts Center and provide professional quality community arts programming in order to support, educate, inspire and promote the arts and art appreciation. WWAC is recognized as the community arts center. This position begins as a part time position evolving into a full time position.
Responsibilities: Key responsibilities include: fundraising for ongoing operational needs, marketing, financial management, overseeing the implementation of the organization’s strategic plan, leading volunteer committee efforts and supervising staff. This position will be part of a dynamic organization with two full time staff members (Program Director and Office Manager) and an active volunteer base and working board. The Executive Director will work closely with the Board President and Board of Trustees. Personal qualities include energetic, enthusiastic, self-motivated, patient, and persuasive in writing and in person, articulate, a team builder and with technology proficiency.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Fiscal Management – develop an annual budget for approval by the Board; oversee the management of all funds and accounting systems and procedures. Comply with local, state and federal tax regulations and prepare and file reports as needed.
- Development/Fundraising – together with the Board and the Development Committee, develop execute, and manage fundraising objectives.
- Marketing/ Community Relations/Public Relations– lead the marketing committee’s efforts including web, print, email and other outlets; develop and maintain effective working relations within the community and oversee publicity and organization branding.
- Staff/Volunteer Leadership and Management – motivate and develop staff; hire, supervise and evaluate staff. Coordinate work with Board committees and volunteers. Oversee the day-to-day operations of the Arts Center.
- Strategic Planning – with Executive Board oversee the implementation of the organization’s 3- year strategic plan.
- Recommend and implement processes to make operations more efficient.
- Earned Income - Oversee and act as resource to increase earned income capabilities including programming efforts and rental promotion.
Experience & Qualifications:
A college graduate with a minimum of five years of demonstrated leadership experience required, prior experience as an Executive Director or as a development/fundraising professional is preferred. MA in relevant field is a plus. Background within an arts or cultural organization is desirable. Understanding and experience of non-profit fiscal management experience required. Candidates must possess strong planning, organizational and analytical skills, and the ability to positively motivate and develop staff, board, and volunteers and be business savvy with an entrepreneurial spirit.
Starting Date: 1/1/13
Application deadline is October 31, 2012
The position begins in a part-time capacity and is based upon experience.
The Part-time compensation is between $30,000 and $40,000 with the full-time compensation between $60,000 and $80,000.
Procedure for Applying:
Qualified candidates should send current resume, together with a cover letter, three references and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Executive Director Search” in the subject line or via standard mail to:
Attn: Lisa Weil
Executive Director Search
West Windsor Arts Council
West Windsor Arts Center
952 Alexander Road
West Windsor, New Jersey 08550
For more information about the West Windsor Arts Council and Arts Center, visit www.westwindsorartscenter.org The West Windsor Arts Council is an equal opportunity employer.