Posted on August 29, 2012
Individual Donor and Patron Services Associate
New Conservatory Theatre Center
New Conservatory Theatre Center - Individual Donor and Patron Services Associate
The New Conservatory Theatre Center of San Francisco champions innovative high quality productions & educational theatre experiences for youth, artists, and the queer & allied communities to effect personal & societal growth, enlightenment and change.
Established in 1981, NCTC has four major components: A full Pride Season with a focus on queer and allied programming; a year-round Conservatory (youth and adult classes and education both on and off-site); the award-winning YouthAware program - a repertoire of plays performed in-house and on tour throughout northern California to educate youth on pressing health and social issues; and a New Play Commissions and Emerging Artists Program, developing and premiering new works. The annual operating budget is approximately 1.4 million.
We are seeking an Individual Donor & Patron Services Associate. S/he will work with NCTC’s Executive Director to manage all aspects of the Individual Gifts Programs, and to research, identify, cultivate, solicit and steward individual donors. This position is also responsible for gift processing, donor record keeping, thanking donors in a timely manner, and maintaining constituent management database.
The ideal candidate will have:
This position requires availability on evenings and weekends as needed to support Individual Donor and Patron Services activities, and special events. Outgoing individual with strong leadership, communication (verbal and written) and computer skills required.
- Knowledge of, and experience in, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship strategies and techniques, particularly in the area of individual gifts
- Self-motivation and discipline to regularly set and achieve work goals
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, communication and networking skills
- Ability to initiate and build relationships with prospective donors
- Demonstrated ability to take primary responsibility for diverse number of projects and to complete them in a timely manner with limited supervision.
- Ability to effectively use computer information systems and database capabilities in support of individual gifts.
No relocation package available.
To apply: please send cover letter, current resume and references to: Barbara@nctcsf.org