Posted on August 28, 2012
National Technical Assistance Manager
After-School Corporation - National Technical Assistance Manager
TASC is a nonprofit organization dedicated to providing all students with expanded learning opportunities that support, educate and inspire them. In its second decade, TASC developed and is implementing ExpandED Schools, a re-invention of the traditional school day, in New York City, Baltimore and New Orleans. By giving kids in public elementary and middle schools more time and a wider range of opportunities to learn, we offer a promising way for educators and communities to reinvent schools that struggle to fully deliver on the promise of public education. In New York City we support comprehensive, daily after-school programs and high school apprenticeship programs that can be scaled to reach large numbers of students.
TASC seeks a dynamic and effective Technical Assistance Manager to support its ExpandED Schools in New Orleans, Baltimore and future growth cities. Reporting to the Director of National Technical Assistance, the Technical Assistance Manager will provide ongoing technical assistance to lead intermediary partners and directly to school-community teams.
ExpandED Schools restore the promise of public education by redesigning struggling urban schools to give students the time and opportunity they need to get and stay on track –academically and socially– to graduate from high school, college and career-ready. ExpandED Schools engage communities in re-engineering resources to ensure they meet the needs of students, families and the modern economy.
ExpandED Schools are tailored to meet their students’ needs, but share four core elements. Under the principal’s leadership, the whole school benefits from:
The Technical Assistance Manager will spend significant time travelling to provide on-the-ground support, assisting our schools in implementing the model with fidelity.
- More Time for a Balanced Curriculum
- School-Community Partnership
- Engaging and Personalized Instruction
- Sustainable Cost Model
- Help partners in Baltimore and New Orleans understand, embrace and implement the ExpandED Schools core elements with fidelity.
- Coach school and community partners on aligning their efforts, collaborative leadership, using data to make decisions, developing and managing resources, and sharing accountability.
- Assess and provide feedback on implementation and outcomes, recommending and coordinating additional support from other TASC staff or consultants when necessary.
- Identify and share promising practices through site visits and consultation with community and school leaders.
- Communicate observations and concerns with other members of the ExpandED Schools team
- Participate in designing and facilitating planning sessions and other convenings of school-community teams.
- Ensure all grant requirements are met at each of the ExpandED Schools including the timely production of budgets, schedules, work plans, etc.
- Review and approve budgets and expense reports and process payments to grantees.
- Collaborate with the TASC Research Department to ensure schools are meeting evaluation requirements.
- Support relationship cultivation and development with potential partners in Baltimore, New Orleans and other cities as needed (i.e. leaders from Promise Neighborhoods, cultural institutions, higher education, etc.)
- Represent TASC at events and meetings in Baltimore, New Orleans and other cities as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree (e.g., MBA, MPA, Ed.M.) preferred
- At least 5 years of experience in the education field, preferably with teaching experience, in an urban school district or a charter management organization
- Significant experience in providing technical assistance (e.g. training, modeling, consultation, etc.)
- Understanding of youth development principles, programs and funding streams
- A commitment to coaching and client service
- Experience and comfort with complex, working relationships
- Strong interpersonal skills and desire to work collaboratively with a sense of humor
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to work independently and remotely
- A results-focused approach towards problem-solving
- Experience delivering feedback and supporting continuous improvement processes in school settings
- Willingness to travel outside New York (50% - 60% of the time) and remain connected to TASC Central office (through email, conference calls, etc.)
Interested candidates should forward a cover letter and resume to:
TASC, 1440 Broadway, 16th Fl, New York, NY 10018, RE: National TA Manager
Or e-mail to: email@example.com, Subject: National TA Manager
No faxes or phone calls, please. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
TASC is an Equal Opportunity Employer