Posted on August 26, 2012
California Nurses Association/National Nurses United
California Nurses Association/National Nurses United - Systems Analyst
The California Nurses Association/National Nurses United, the country's fastest growing labor union for registered nurses, is seeking an enthusiastic, and motivated professional with strong database skills to join our team as a Systems Analyst.
Through our assertive stance on protecting nursing practice and patient advocacy we have gained a national reputation as a leader in the fight against the corporatization of health care.
The Systems Analyst builds, configures and deploys SQL solutions, and is responsible for overall functionality of the membership database. The Systems Analyst works under the supervision of the Membership Manager.
The Systems Analyst provides operational support and development of the CNA/NNU Microsoft SQL Server Infrastructure. He/She will provide tier 2 and tier 3 technical support for database systems. Some of the primary responsibilities of this role include writing scripts, queries and reports for a wide range of purposes organization-wide. The Systems Analyst owns, tracks and resolves database related incidents and requests, fulfills requests and resolves incidents, and reviews service related reports (e.g.: database backups, maintenance, monitoring).
The Systems Analyst works closely with the Finance and Accounting, Collective Bargaining and Organizing departments – tracking and processing monthly dues, ensuring accurate census data on all members, and generating detailed reports as needed organization-wide.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Information Systems or equivalent work experience
- 7+ years of professional experience preferably in the field of Membership/Customer Service in a non-profit setting
- In depth SQL development experience in SQL2000, SQL2005 or SQL 2008
- Experience with T-SQL and SQL Reporting Service (SSRS)
- Practical experience in managing the internal and external MS SQL database security
- Experience in fine-tuning SQL queries
- Experience performance-tuning, using SQL Profiler, DBCC commands, event viewer, log files, etc.
- Knowledge of Unions – specifically union membership structure a plus
Salary & Benefits: Competitive salary and benefits package (401k, pension, and family medical coverage, including domestic partner benefits).
CNA/NNOC is committed to Equal Opportunity, and considering applicants of all ages, races, sexual orientations, national origins, ethnicities, and religions. We urge people of color and women, experienced systems analysts of all backgrounds, to apply.
Apply below. Please include your cover letter and resume. Please fill out the online application.