Posted on August 25, 2012
California Nurses Association/National Nurses United
California Nurses Association/National Nurses United - Membership Manager
The California Nurses Association/National Nurses United, the country's fastest growing labor union for registered nurses, is seeking an enthusiastic, motivated and highly skilled professional to join our team as a Membership Manager.
Through our assertive stance on protecting nursing practice and patient advocacy we have gained a national reputation as a leader in the fight against the corporatization of health care.
The Membership Manager works under the supervision of the Finance and Accounting Manager managing the day to day workflow of the membership and data services department. The Membership Manager will facilitate team meetings, proactively seek input from the team, and provide ongoing technical training and mentoring. This position will also work closely with the Collective Bargaining and Organizing Departments as well as the Legal Department.
- Day to day supervision and management of membership and data services department staff of six.
- Creation, implementation and maintenance of customer service systems involving membership and dues receipts; including training of staff on communication and problem solving.
- Creation, implementation and maintenance of membership dues collection process; including review and trouble shooting of payroll and demographics data from various hospitals, and hands-on work in the database to ensure consistency in data importing and quality control in data reporting.
- Improvements and upgrades to the existing membership database to accommodate increasing numbers of members and improve functionality and use of database across all departments.
- Front line communication with members regarding membership status. Including coordination with the Legal Department and Collective Bargaining Department on questions regarding dues collection, Beck-Hudson objections, membership eligibility, etc.
- Report design and creation for organization-wide needs.
Experience and Competencies
- Passion for the mission of National Nurses United and a strong desire to impact a growing and dynamic organization
- Strong familiarity with unions – particularly regarding membership and dues collection.
- 7+ years experience and success in supervising, developing and motivating staff, preferably in the field of membership
- Proficiency with SQL databases and Microsoft Office applications, especially Word, Access, Excel, Outlook. Experience with Financial Edge software a plus.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree preferred
- Creative, professional and resourceful style with the ability to work both independently and as a team, and the ability to take initiative and manage multiple tasks and projects at a time
- Multi-task orientation; works well under pressure; prioritizes and produces within deadlines.
Excellent salary and benefits package including full family/domestic partner medical, dental and pension
NNU is committed to Equal Opportunity, and considering applicants of all ages, races, sexual orientations, national origins, ethnicities, and religions.
Apply using the link below. Please include your cover letter and resume. Be sure to fill out the online application.