Posted on August 24, 2012
Senior Director of Development
YWCA Bergen County
Northern New Jersey
YWCA Bergen County - Senior Director of Development
The YWCA Bergen County, a 92-year old New Jersey non-profit with a $7.8 million budget and a mission to eliminate racism and empower women has an immediate opening for a Senior Director of Development.
Reporting to the CEO, the Senior Director of Development is responsible for all aspects of the YWCA Bergen County fundraising program including research, strategy, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship. The Senior Director supervises the Development staff and works closely with the CEO and Development Committee to plan and execute development strategies and monitor progress against goals.
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to, providing support to board members (reports, research, meeting arrangements, etc.) to facilitate their fundraising efforts, developing and overseeing annual department budget, work plans and timetables to accomplish organizational goals, and working with the Director of Communication on all marketing and media efforts, including material and messaging.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience as director of fundraising program in a non-profit organization with annual budget of $5+ million and a minimum of 3 years’ supervisory experience.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Experience developing and overseeing fundraising budgets, fund development and volunteer programs as well as experience working directly with executive/senior management, community leaders and board members.
- Thorough knowledge of multi-faceted fundraising strategies and programs including annual appeals processes, online giving and major gifts and grants.
- Proven track record of successful fundraising in the non-profit sector as well as creating new programs and/or reinvigorating existing programs.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and sustain successful relationships with major donors and institutional executives.
- Proven organizational and planning skills with the ability to prioritize effectively and meet deadlines.
- Superior communications (written, verbal, listening), interpersonal and presentation skills; ability to influence and engage a wide range of donors and key stakeholders and build long-term relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible, manage multiple tasks and work independently in a fast paced environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Suite and database management.
The YWCA offers a comprehensive benefit package to include, but not limited to, major medical, dental, vision, vacation, and pension plan.
THE YWCA BERGEN COUNTY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Please send cover letter, with salary history and resume, to email@example.com