Posted on August 23, 2012
Special Events Manager
Seamen's Church Institute
Special Events Manager, Seamen's Church Institute of NY & NJ
The Special Events Manager functions as an important member of a collaborative and energetic Development Team. The Special Events Manager plans, manages and executes all fundraising and donor cultivation events, major sources of funding for North America’s largest mariners’ service agency. The job demands careful attention to detail, customizing methods to various constituencies, including the sphere of the maritime industry. This full-time position reports to the Director of Development.
In particular, the Special Events Manager:
- Manages, markets, produces and coordinates logistics for all special events;
- Negotiates contracts and maintains relationships with vendors and venues;
- Coordinates all event materials, including solicitation letters, invitations, journals, presentations, media and programs;
- Develops and maintains relationships with event committees in coordination with the Director of Development;
- Coordinates with the Director of Communications for both Web and print promotion and press releases;
- Manages portfolio of special donors and works with Individual Giving Manager to transition corporate giving relationships into personal ones;
- Manages portfolio of donors in Raiser’s Edge database relating to events;
- Reports and keeps budgets for all events;
- Other duties as necessary.
Interested candidates should submit the following materials by email to firstname.lastname@example.org: 1) resume; 2) contact information for three references; 3) salary history; and 4) recent writing sample. For additional information,