Posted on August 22, 2012
Southwest Regional Managing Director
U.S. Fund for UNICEF
United States Fund for UNICEF - Southwest Regional Managing Director
The Southwest Regional Managing Director will report to the Vice President of Regional Fundraising, who is located at USF’s office in Atlanta, GA. The Managing Director will have responsibility for establishing and implementing strategy to meet annual assigned goals. The position will interface with members of the region’s Board of Directors, major individual donors, development leaders, and other partners to further the region’s goals. With a staff of two professionals, the Managing Director will provide the region with essential leadership necessary to meet its resource development goals and support its mission. The Southwest Regional Office is located in Houston, TX.
Key Responsibilities/Outcomes (include but are not limited to):
- Build organizational capacity by raising visibility, expanding the board and maximizing the board’s involvement in meeting the assigned annual goals.
- Develop and implement plans to meet annual major gifts, special event, and UNICEF Enterprise financial goals. Working in collaboration, develop strategies that build upon and reinforce national development strategies.
- Cultivate and solicit assigned and prospect donors in personal portfolio and those assigned to region.
- Increase awareness around the plight of children living in impoverished nations by communicating the US Fund’s mission and having a public presence.
- Oversee daily operations of the regional office, including supervising staff, managing public inquiries, budgets, etc.
- Serve as the liaison with the national office and handling all duties of a regional leader.
- Support efforts of other USF national campaigns such as TAP and Trick-or-Treat for UNICEF.
- Perform other duties as needed
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of six years of professional experience in a nonprofit organization with at least three years in a leadership role; demonstrated success in a development function (fundraising, managing and forging relationships with multiple donor sources)
- Strong organizational and time management skills with exceptional attention to detail
- Proven track record leading teams
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral; ability to influence and engage a wide range of donors and build long-term relationships
- High energy and passion for USF’s mission is essential
- Must be familiarity with the region’s philanthropic community and have experience managing a board of directors
- Must demonstrate USF Core Values: Trust, Respect, Accountability, Innovation, Teamwork, and Service
- Must possess current and valid US Work Authorization and be eligible to work for any US employer without sponsorship.
To Apply – Please apply online at http://tbe.taleo.net/NA7/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=UNICEFUSA&cws=1&rid=281
Due to the high volume of applications received, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The U. S. Fund for UNICEF is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce.