Posted on August 22, 2012
Direct Marketing Manager
Goddard Riverside Community Center
Direct Marketing Manager, Goddard Riverside Community Center
Goddard Riverside Community Center (GRCC) is seeking a Direct Marketing Manager to implement the organization’s broad efforts in direct response fundraising. Reporting to the Director of Development, the Direct Marketing Manager’s key responsibility is to plan and execute a multi-channel fundraising plan based on proven direct response marketing techniques including direct mail, telemarketing and electronic solicitations. The ideal candidate will be strategic, creative, technologically savvy and dedicated to the goals ideals of social and economic justice.
The Direct Marketing Manager plays an integral role in marketing and outreach to current and prospective donors and supporters. This position is also responsible for supervising the department’s donor database management staff. The manager will play a major part in a department that is expected to grow to from six to ten staff by the end of FY13, in large part due to a three year major gifts campaign to support program expansion in GRCC’s college access and youth education programming.
- Develop and implement the annual direct response fundraising plan;
- Manage and segment the individual low, mid and high level donor program and meet annual budgeted income goals;
- Plan and manage the department’s solicitation/communications calendar;
- Implement the annual fund plan including testing and prospecting;
- Lead direct marketing efforts including:
- Plan the yearly calendar for direct response fundraising;
- Plan and execute integrated (direct mail & on-line) appeals each year;
- Plan and execute emergency/program appeals;
- Write or edit the direct mail text (letter, insert, reply device, etc.);
- Write fundraising e-appeals and evaluate and report results;
- Decide on the general package design;
- Oversee design, production and mailing appeals and manage vendor relationships;
- Assist with designing and producing major donor appeals;
- Supervise gift processing and manage the acknowledgment process and donorbase;
- Develop ideas and processes to improve cost effectiveness and time management.
- Bachelor’s degree required;
- 3-5 years’ experience working in direct response fundraising;
- Solid word processing, spreadsheet and web research skills;
- Strong team player with strong degree of organization, initiative, attention to detail, timely follow-through and high standards for accuracy and efficiency;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; a demonstrated team player and a good sense of humor;
- Complete respect for donor and constituent confidentiality;
- Extensive knowledge of and experience with donor database software;
- Commitment to social and economic justice.
- Moderate computer work;
- Attending development fundraising events;
- Occasional lifting of up to 30 lbs.
Work Environment: Office & occasional fundraising events.
Send cover letter and resumes with salary requirements directly to Renee Colombo, Director of Development, at email@example.com.