Posted on August 21, 2012
Major Gifts Campaign Manager
Goddard Riverside Community Center
Major Gifts Campaign Manager, Goddard Riverside Community Center
Goddard Riverside Community Center (GRCC) is seeking a Major Gifts Campaign Manager to implement the organization’s upcoming major gifts campaign in support of GRCC’s Options college access program and related youth development and education programs. Reporting to the Director of Development, the Major Gifts Campaign Manager is charged with developing and implementing strategies to effectively cultivate, solicit and steward major donors for the Options Campaign. This $6 million campaign advances a visionary strategy to expand Options college access and success programming, the Options Institute and related youth education programs of Goddard Riverside.
The Major Gifts Manager will be part of a ten member development office. The Major Gifts Manager will focus on identifying and securing five and six- figure gifts, primarily from individuals. This is a three to five year position that is expected to continue beyond the campaign. The ideal candidate will be a polished and effective gift closer who is dedicated to the goals and ideals of social and economic justice.
- Develop and implement the campaign plan for the Options campaign;
- Work closely with GRCC’s campaign leadership to develop strategies and tactics to successfully identify, cultivate, secure and steward donors at the $5,000 and above level;
- Help develop strategy for all levels of donor giving in the silent and public phases of the campaign;
- Implement donor cultivation and solicitation activities;
- Personally manage a portfolio of approximately 150 campaign prospects;
- Develop written cultivation, solicitation and stewardship plans, utilizing a moves management approach;
- Partner with GRCC Board members, Executive Director, Director of Development and other senior staff in making solicitations. Participate in campaign cabinet meetings;
- Prepare background information and scripts for cultivation and solicitation activities as needed;
- Prepare written requests, follow-up letters, and write or coordinate all content for campaign materials.
- Five years successful experience in major gifts fund raising with a track record of raising six- and seven-figure gifts from individuals. Capital campaign experience required;
- Knowledge of the New York philanthropic community is essential;
- Superior ability to develop and sustain positive relationships with donors;
- Strong organizational skills, ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously and to work calmly under the pressure of deadlines;
- Demonstrated ability with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint), moves management and donor prospecting applications, and donor databases (Etapestry preferred);
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills;
- High energy, personal initiative and a sense of humor. Friendly, outgoing and collaborative approach and a strong team-oriented style;
- Knowledge of development principles, fund raising techniques and ethics;
- Bachelor’s degree required;
- Social or human services background and a commitment to social and economic justice essential.
- Moderate computer work;
- Attending fundraising events;
- Regular off-site visits to donors;
- Occasional lifting of up to 30 lbs.;
Send cover letter and resumes with salary requirements directly to Renee Colombo, Director of Development, at email@example.com.