Posted on August 18, 2012
Wildlife Conservation Society
Wildlife Conservation Society - Associate Writer
The Wildlife Conservation Society (WCS), the leading international organization working to protect wildlife and wild places across the globe, seeks an Associate Writer to assist the Senior Writer in our Communications Department. This position will be based at WCS's headquarters at the Bronx Zoo, which WCS operates along with three other New York City zoos and the New York Aquarium. In its work to publicize our New York City parks and more than 500 conservation projects in 60+ countries, the WCS Communications department operates in a fast-paced environment, in which staff are expected to balance a variety of competing demands.
Responsibilities of the Associate Writer will include:
- Crafting brochures, reports, and other collateral printed materials
- Developing op-eds and letters-to-the-editor with WCS conservationists
- Preparing speeches and talking points for senior leadership
- Helping in the development of organizational messaging for dedicated media campaigns
- Translation of messaging across a variety of platforms from English to Spanish
A minimum of 5 years experience as a writer in the communications field required. Those with a background in journalism, public relations, and/or speechwriting are especially encouraged to apply. Note: candidate MUST be able to write and speak fluently in Spanish.