Posted on August 15, 2012
Donor Acquisition and Annual Giving Manager
World Society for the Protection of Animals
World Society for the Protection of Animals - Donor Acquisition and Annual Giving Manager
The World Society for the Protection of Animals (WSPA), one of the world’s largest animal welfare organizations, has an exciting opportunity for a proactive donor acquisition and annual giving professional.
This is a unique opportunity to help strengthen and build the U.S. fundraising program of an international organization, in a new U.S. office in New York City. The Donor Acquisition and Annual Giving Manager will manage WSPA-USA’s donor acquisition program through multiple channels including direct mail, online and face-to-face; manage creative agencies; and work collaboratively with the development team to generate support from individual gifts. In addition to the U.S. development team, s/he will also work collaboratively with fundraisers in other country offices and the international fundraising team in London.
The Donor Acquisition and Annual Giving Manager reports to the U.S. Director of Development and will play a key role in a development department charged with raising more than $6M in 2013, with an ambitious plan for ongoing growth. S/he will help develop strategies to meet our annual goals and to expand our current active donor base of 40,000. Using strategic marketing and fundraising skills, the Donor Acquisition and Annual Giving Manager will have a significant impact on WSPA’s fundraising activities and will help to build the future of a growing global organization.
JOB CLASS: Full-time, Exempt
- Manage the acquisition, upgrade, stewardship and re-engagement of existing donors and prospects
- Partner with agencies on donor acquisition testing and analysis
- Work with other WSPA offices and international staff to generate creative, inspiring and effective copy design and artwork
- Develop and implement strategies to increase donor retention
- React immediately to natural disaster occurrences, coordinating donor communications and fundraising opportunities, ensuring consistent messaging and compatibility throughout online channels
- Manage direct marketing agencies to ensure all campaigns are executed with maximum results
- Analyze response to each campaign and make recommendations for future campaigns based on results
- Work collaboratively across WSPA departments and functions to ensure seamless experience for donors
- Track and analyze revenue and expenses to budget and conduct monthly reforecasts
- Keep current on latest developments in acquisition, online and annual giving fundraising markets
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2+ years experience in direct marketing including donor acquisition and/or development
- Demonstrated ability to develop creative strategies contributing to increased donor acquisition and retention
- Solid competitive bidding and negotiation skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and web-based research skills, and comfortable working with social media networks (Twitter, Facebook, etc.) as well as e-blasting software
- Working knowledge of RasiersEdge preferred
- Experience producing and managing budgets preferred
- Strong oral/written communication skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Highly-organized, able to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Proactive, flexible and a team player
This is a full-time, New York City-based position. Salary is commensurate with candidate’s experience and this position includes generous benefits offered to full-time WSPA employees. Candidates wishing to be considered in the first round please send a cover letter including salary requirements and resume to: email@example.com
For consideration HR5-AAM must be in the subject line. Position will remain open until filled.
Applications submitted without salary requirements will not be considered.