Posted on August 15, 2012
Senior Manager of Membership and Annual Giving
National Museum of American Jewish History
National Museum of American Jewish History - Senior Manager of Membership and Annual Giving
The National Museum of American Jewish History (NMAJH), on Independence Mall in Philadelphia, presents educational programs and experiences that preserve, explore and celebrate the history of Jews in America. Its purpose is to connect Jews more closely to their heritage and to inspire in people of all backgrounds a greater appreciation for the diversity of the American Jewish experience and the freedoms to which Americans aspire.
Senior Manager of Membership and Annual Giving
The National Museum of American Jewish History (NMAJH) has created a new position to direct, grow and enhance its membership and annual giving programs. Reporting to the Chief Advancement Office, the Senior Manager of Membership and Annual Giving oversees the development and implementation of outreach initiatives, plus strong stewardship and events programs, to engage and acknowledge members and annual fund donors.
Responsible for setting and meeting ambitious annual giving goals, the Senior Manager conceives, designs and oversees an integrated strategy of direct mail, e-mail, print, online and social media communications, as well as on-site sales and member/donor engagement events. You will manage the Membership and Annual Fund budget, direct monthly reporting and reconciliation with Finance, produce quarterly analysis reports, and ensure accurate data management, timely gift acknowledgements, premium fulfillment and regular member/donor communication.
In addition, the Senior Manager serves as an individual giving officer, responsible for building a mid-level annual giving program generating gifts up to $10,000 and helping to create a pipeline for major gifts.
- Work with direct marketing counsel and/or a mail house, oversee all aspects of a high quality, national Membership and Annual Fund direct marketing program. This includes incorporating the Museum’s new brand platform into the concept, strategy, print and electronic collateral development and production for each renewal and acquisitions campaign.
- Develop metrics for membership and annual giving, track and analyze results by appeals, campaigns, year-end totals and year-to-year comparisons. Use this data to refine the membership and annual fund programs, as necessary.
- With the Membership Manager, periodically survey members, evaluate and refine membership levels and benefits to best serve NMJAH’s constituents.
- Work with NMAJH colleagues (i.e., Membership Manager, Director of Special Events, Director of Visitor Services, etc.) to program and staff member/donor events and trips.
- Prospect, research, solicit, cultivate and steward annual giving donors at the $1,000-10,000 level. Also identify and steward annual giving donors who could be future major gift candidates.
- Program, launch and staff the new Director’s Council, soliciting and stewarding donors at the $5,000 level.
- Assist the Chief Advancement Officer in staffing the new National Leadership Council, engaging select donors at the $10,000 level.
- Ensure regular, substantive and polished print and electronic communication with members and donors.
- Ensure the accurate and timely processing, acknowledgement and fulfillment of gifts that meet best practices for the museum field.
- Ensure the accurate and timely management of data in the donor database.
- Supervise three staff members – a Membership Manager, a Database Coordinator and a Gift Processor – engaging them as a team, monitoring and evaluating their performance, and ensuring their professional development.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- A deep appreciation for the mission of the Museum.
- Bachelor’s degree is required, a Master’s degree in a relevant subject is preferred, or Certified Fundraising Executive (CFRE) certification, with 5-7 years of successful experience in membership and/or annual giving.
- Knowledge of philanthropy and the non-profit sector, preferably cultural organizations; prior museum experience is a plus.
- Demonstrated success in making personal solicitation calls.
- Excellent writing, interpersonal, communication, public speaking and computer skills.
- Expertise in database management is a must; experience in Raisers Edge preferred.
- Strong analytical skills and experience in monitoring and evaluating program performance.
- Experience with online and social media communications is a plus.
- Experience in motivating, training and supervising fundraising staff and volunteers.
- Must be a self-starter, organized, detail and customer oriented, with the ability to work calmly under pressure and meet deadlines.
- We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience, plus a generous benefits. package.
To apply online, please visit: http://ejob.bz/ATS/jb.do?reqGK=646218
Please attach a resume, cover letter and recent writing sample. Only qualified applicants will be contacted. Please, no calls.
About NMAJH: The National Museum of American Jewish History, located on historic Independence Mall in Philadelphia, brings to life the 350-year history of Jews in America. Tracing the stories of how Jewish immigrants became Jewish Americans, the Museum invites visitors of all heritages to share their own stories and reflect on how their histories and identities shape and are shaped by the American experience. An open door for all, NMAJH honors the past and contributes to a better future by sharing the power of imagination and ideas, culture and community, leadership and service, in ways that turn inspiration into action.