Posted on August 14, 2012
Corporate Development Officer
German Marshall Fund
German Marshall Fund - Corporate Development Officer
The German Marshall Fund of the United States (GMF) is a non-partisan American public policy and grantmaking institution dedicated to promoting better understanding and cooperation between North America and Europe on transatlantic and global issues.
GMF seeks a proactive, persuasive, and experienced professional to implement and manage GMF’s new corporate fundraising program. This position will work closely with all Program Directors across GMF and routinely with the organization’s Senior Directors and Fellows.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
Develop an annual comprehensive strategy on corporate fundraising goals and targets;
Identify prospects and conduct in-depth prospect research;
Implement and manage the corporate Business Alliance program, which includes regular cultivation and stewardship activities;
Introduce corporate representatives in the U.S. to GMF’s programs and projects;
Write grant proposals, reports, and concept papers for financial partners;
Prepare briefing materials for GMF Senior Management; and
Participate in furthering the overall fundraising strategy for GMF by working as a productive member of the Development team.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- A minimum of an undergraduate degree.
- A minimum of five years of professional experience in non-profit fundraising and a solid track record of securing corporate gifts, particularly from U.S. based organizations.
- Excellent written and oral English language skills and ability to communicate ideas persuasively; second language skills, preferably in French or German is desirable but not necessary.
- Experience using development search tools and fundraising databases is strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of non-profit fundraising, preferably in a highly complex environment within a non-profit or policy-oriented organization.
- Highly organized and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must be highly proficient with Word, Excel and PowerPoint and have experience using fundraising software.
- Successful experience in managing and tracking multiple prospects and donors.
To be considered for this opening, please submit your cover letter and resume (as one document) by apply at https://home2.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=2013611. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only contact candidates of interest.