Posted on August 14, 2012
Episcopal Community Services of Maryland
Episcopal Community Services of Maryland - Development Assistant
This is a full-time position working in the administrative office. The Development Associate is responsible for the accurate and timely management of information relating to development and fundraising activities. The main responsibility is to manage receipt and acknowledgement of donor contributions through the use of Raiser’s Edge. The Development Associate also supports the preparation and delivery of various fundraising campaigns. The Development Associate supports the Deputy Director and others in efforts to achieve our annual funding goals. This is a supportive staff role, working as a team on internal organizational projects. The position also requires professional contact skills with donors and funders.
- Maintain Raiser’s Edge donor data base, assuring timely and accurate input of donations and acknowledgements.
- Maintain daily check log of incoming gifts, coordinating with the Finance Dept. to assure accurate accounting of donations.
- Maintain updated records in Raiser’s Edge and Constant Contact.
- Support annual fund drives with preparation of direct mail letters and other campaign materials.
- Support donor recognition activities for individual, corporate, foundation, and faith community gifts.
- Prepare mailing lists for campaigns, newsletters, and other publications.
- Manage logistics of nonprofit mailings.
- Support Deputy Director with assignments related to The Club at Collington Square, an OST program operated by ECSM.
- Support ECSM’s advocacy work through attendance at meetings and reporting on selected issues.
- Work with Development staff to acquire in-kind donations.
- Support with other Administrative tasks as assigned.
Experience with data management.
- Excellent people-skills in working with donors and funders.
- Professional telephone skills.
- Ability to provide high level of attention to details related to database management.
- Ability to work as part of a multi-tasking team.
- College degree
- One to two years experience with nonprofit work.
- Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge preferable
- Knowledge of computer programs including Word and Excel.
- Ability to use personal car for work-related activities
Salary and Benefits:
$29,000 base salary.
Generous benefits including health insurance, paid time off, and participation in 403 b retirement plan.
About Episcopal Community Services of Maryland
Episcopal Community Services of Maryland (ECSM) is a private 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that provides individual and family services in Baltimore City. ECSM has three main programs: The Ark Preschool for homeless children, The Club at Collington Square after-school and summer program for at-risk youth, and Jericho Reentry which provides services to ex-offenders entering back into their communities following incarceration.
ECSM is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or religion or other legally protected status.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and three references to Lindsay Smith, Communications Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
Incomplete submissions will not be considered.