Posted on August 14, 2012
OST Program Coordinator
Grand St. Settlement
Grand St. Settlement - OST Program Coordinator
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for the supervision of the program and its staff. The Program Director is directly responsible for the successful day-to-day operation of the program, ensuring that quality services are provided.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor’s Degree required
At least five (5) years of experience working in a community center or school-based after school program; at least two years of which were in a supervisory position.
Required to obtain a SACC Program Director's (30 hour) credentials
Ability to work independently, assesses priorities, and takes initiative
Effective oral, written, collaborative skills
Experience in lesson planning, curriculum development, and implementation of structured programming for students in elementary school
Ability to maintain State Central Registry (SCR) clearance and fingerprint clearance throughout the duration of employment
Experience working with students in urban school and/or community-based settings
Must be computer literate
Capacity to thrive under pressure while working on multiple tasks and projects.
Spanish speaking is a plus
Knowledge of the public education system and positive youth development best practices.
Strong public speaking, writing and organizational skills
Must demonstrate knowledge in New York State Learning Standards
Knowledge in STEM, Health & Sexuality, Careers & Life Planning, Sports & Adventure, and Academic Enrichment highly desirable.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversees day-to-day operations of our funded Department of Youth & Community Development [DYCD] OST (Out of School- Time) contract , Holiday Camp, Saturday and Summer Camp programs
- Coordinate ongoing outreach, application and enrollment process
- Recruit 100 elementary youth
- Ensure program maintains a 95% Average Daily Attendance
- Implement the following core components:
- Academic Support
- Physical Activity/Healthy Living
- Parent/Caretaker Involvement
- Work in partnership with school administration and Educational Advisor to ensure after school activities are aligned with day school learning and school vision.
- Actively seek partnership opportunities in order to enhance programming
- Coordinates part time staff schedules and program activities; Supervises and provides leadership to part time staff.
- Ensures attendance tracking and reporting and meets contractual requirements regarding enrollment and attendance.
- Serves as the primary liaison for school administration, parents and other community entities and constituencies.
- Ensures that program participants are engaged in daily activities and programming.
- Attends regular staff meetings, trainings and workshops as needed.
- In conjunction with Educational Advisor, tracks and supports participant academic growth and development.
- Identify and schedule field trips and actively seeks new opportunities for participants.
- Prepare and maintain timelines and action items to support implementation of major events and initiatives.
SCHEDULE: Monday – Friday; 10:30 a.m. – 6:30 p.m. and one Saturday per month
SALARY: $35,000 - $37,500
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit a resume and thoughtful cover letter, outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position. Also provide us with three professional references that we can contact (at least one should be from a former supervisor) with the subject header “OST Program Coordinator”” to:
Johanna DeJesus, Chief Program Officer
No phone calls, please