Posted on August 10, 2012
Senior Systems Administrator
Clinton Health Access Initiative
Clinton Health Access Initiative - Senior Systems Administrator
The Senior Systems Administrator is part of a small, high-performing IT team supporting 800 users in over 25 countries. Our goal is to ensure that our systems are reliable, secure, and robust to support CHAI staff, volunteers, and partners fulfill their mission of expanding access and care to health care services in underserved areas.
Located at the Clinton Health Access Initiative (CHAI) headquarters in Boston, MA, the Senior Systems Administrator will play a key role in the IT team, managing servers and systems in support of global operations. The position is focused on Microsoft Windows-based technologies, with a heavy emphasis on Windows Server, Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange, SharePoint, and project management. In addition, the Senior Systems Administrator will play a critical role in the selection, implementation and maintenance of a planned ERP system.
This position requires a self-starter who is knowledgeable, meticulous, and resourceful to be successfully and effectively in a fast-moving and entrepreneurial environment. Must be excited by the challenge of tackling projects in new areas, quickly building knowledge and skills and effectively applying them.
- Lead IT resource in the selection and implementation of a financial ERP system.
- Maintain Microsoft Windows servers in the corporate data center in virtual and physical environment
- Maintain Exchange 2010 and BES servers and AD user accounts.
- Proactively manage and maintain remote servers in field offices.
- Configure, manage and support Sharepoint 2010. Provide training and assistance to users as needed.
- Interface with vendors to place orders for new equipment and software.
- Ability to design and install systems on a limited budget.
- Create and maintain updated documentation for all technical aspects of operations.
- Must be excited about learning new things, patient in dealing with complex and sometimes high-pressure situations, and must have excellent attention to detail.
- Provide tier 2 support to the helpdesk engineers.
- Collaborate well in a small team environment.
- Three or more years experience administering Microsoft Exchange server 2007 and/or 2010 and Blackberry Enterprise Server supporting 1000 users worldwide.
- Minimum five years experience administrating a Microsoft infrastructure with Microsoft Server 2003 and 2008.
- Three or more years experience maintaining, configuring and installing AD domains in multiple countries across slow WAN links.
- Experience in implementing or maintaining an ERP system.
- Two or more years experience in a virtual environment, VMware preferred.
- Four or more years managing data backup of servers, both local and remote.
- Two or more years utilizing and supporting a SAN environment.
- Proficient with a scripting tool such as VBScript or PowerShell.
- Shoretel experience a plus.
- Experience maintaining sites and systems in Africa or sites with very low and unreliable bandwidth a plus.
- Bachelor (4-year) degree with a technical major such as engineering or computer science, or equivalent demonstrated work experience and proficiency in technical analysis and written technical reports.
- Strong analytical ability and problem solving skills are very important.
- Some international travel is required.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Please apply at http://careers-chai.icims.com/jobs/intro.
Complete the online application with a resume and cover letter