Posted on August 10, 2012
Samasource - Program Director
Samasource is an award-winning social business that provides dignified, internet-based work to people living in poverty. We build technology that helps leverage the brain power of the poor so they can lift themselves out of poverty by providing valuable services to companies around the world. Our technology platform takes large data projects for leading enterprise clients like LinkedIn and Google, and breaks them into small tasks called “microwork” which are completed by our workers.
We are a dynamic and growing team with a big vision - to connect the one billion people living in poverty around the world to work using technology. We need the best people to help us achieve it. We like to move fast and get things done. If you join us, you’ll be able to make an immediate impact. Samasource is supported by major corporate and philanthropic funders including eBay, Google, Cisco, and the Rockefeller and Ford Foundations.
We are looking for a strong entrepreneur to design and operate Samasource's first domestic program, SamaUSA, piloting in California with support from the California Endowment. The Program Director, SamaUSA will design the pilot program as an experiment to identify the best methods to help low-income communities boost their incomes through online work.
Ideal candidates will have extensive experience thinking strategically and excel at building successful programs or new businesses from scratch. Working from our San Francisco office and reporting to the CEO, you will be an integral part of all aspects of this ground-breaking domestic program.
- Develop SamaUSA pilot program based on initial concept notes and proposals
- Create training curriculum in partnership with online work institutions
- Grow and manage relationships with corporate and community partners
- Run a controlled training experiment with a treatment and control group to track pilot success
- Recruit and manage volunteers and paid trainers
- Develop report of experimental results and recommendation to scale or further refine model
- Develop and execute fundraising strategy to scale the successful model
- At least 5 years of experience working in business strategy consulting or one or more of the following fields: workforce development, leadership training, talent development.
- Demonstrated track record of leadership in program management
- Proven ability to solicit funding of $100K or more from a single entity(fundraising, sales or venture funding experience is relevant)
- Experience with curriculum selection and design
- Experience recruiting, training, and managing volunteers a plus
- Familiarity with online work platforms (Odesk, eLance, Crowdflower etc) a plus
- Superlative interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- At home in a fast-paced environment with a high level of ambiguity
- Tech-savvy and an avid user of social media
- Familiarity with Keynote and Pages for Mac
- A desire to change the world
- Outgoing personality and great sense of humor
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S.
Please submit your resume, cover letter, writing sample and references via Resumator: http://bit.ly/ONPuES