Posted on August 9, 2012
Manager, Policy Advocacy
SaveLIFE Foundation - Manager, Policy Advocacy
SaveLIFE Foundation, an award winning non profit organization focused on implementing Bystander Care in India and developing counteries is actively looking for a development professional to lead it's Policy Advocacy initatives.
The Manager – Policy Advocacy (MPA) will on an immediate basis lead execution of ongoing Policy advocacy projects of SaveLIFE Foundation in areas of emergency medical care for road accident victims and strengthening of laws around road safety nationally. Longer-term the MPA will identify strategic and high impact areas where SLF can intervene from a Policy perspective to save lives. The MPA will play a leadership role in building capacity for policy advocacy by the organization. The position calls for a highly motivated and mission oriented individual who has past experience in influencing policy, conducting research and engaging various influencers in government and society.
- Lead execution of the ongoing Policy Advocacy projects of the foundation.
- Manage all grants for all policy work received including but not limited to project evaluation, reporting and communication.
- Develop a team as may be necessary of full-time and part-time professionals to execute all projects.
- Develop & manage relationships with all project partners and various stakeholders involved in Policy Advocacy with the foundation.
- Work closely with the Development & Communications Manager to develop grant proposals to fund and support policy initiatives
- Eventually represent the organization at external policy forums with an aim to create better awareness about policy reforms and SLF’s work in the area.
- Be involved actively in organizations building activities including but not limited to general management, adminstraritve development, and ensuring financial due-diligence.
Skill & Experience:
Compensation: Highly competitive and commensurate with experience.
- Minimum Bachelors degree in business studies, economics, or political science. Candidates from other streams welcome to apply subject to practical experience in policy & advocacy and related work.
- Minimum five years experience in Policy Advocacy or Government relations or public research with at least two years experience in managing grants-driven projects.
- Experience in financial reporting, hiring, internet-based research and communication is highly preferred.
- Willing to commit a minimum of three years to the role.
- Open to travel domestically and internationally.
Location: New Delhi (INDIA) with possible travel across the country
Send your resumes and cover letters to Ms. Apurva Mahendra email@example.com with the position name in the subject line.