Posted on August 8, 2012
Development, Communication and Marketing Associate
Center for Children's Initiatives
Center for Children's Initiatives - Development, Communication and Marketing Associate
CCI seizes every opportunity to promote quality early learning, healthy development, and care or all children, birth through school-age. CCI has 30 years of experience in promoting access to quality early learning for children by working with parents, early childhood professionals and policymakers. CCI is a valued resource to parents supporting them in identifying and evaluating options for early care and learning. CCI is also a resource to the field offering coaching mentoring, technical assistance and training to assist programs in meeting standards of excellence. CCI works with policy makers and other community leaders to promote appropriate investment and effective policies to drive better education outcomes for children.
We are seeking a dynamic individual for the Associate position. The Associate will report to and work with the Director of Development, Marketing & Communication to develop and execute a multi-channel marketing and communication strategy which supports the annual fundraising plan. This position has excellent opportunity for professional growth.
- Research, write, and edit fundraising proposals, reports, letters, and website copy
- Plan and promote the annual fundraising event
- Plan and execute small cultivation events
- Develop biannual organization-wide course catalog
- Maintain website content for two websites
- Assist in the annual appeal to individual donors, banks, and members
- Maintain multiple databases and multi-channel communications constant contact
- Manage internship program
- Develop marketing materials: print, online, e-newsletter,
- Create social media schedule: face book, twitter, hoot suite
- College degree (B.A. or B.S.)
- First-rate writer, copy editor, attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Marketing, PR, Fundraising, or Communications experience required
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, & PowerPoint, Publisher)
- Web management and social media experience required
- Database Experience (e-tapestry)
- Knowledge of Quark (or other design software)
- Must work well under pressure, particularly in a deadline sensitive atmosphere
- Ability to remain composed and organized while multi-tasking
- Must be a team player and also work well independently
- Must have sense of humor
Please send cover letter, resume, and brief writing sample (5 page max.) to Tema Fishbein email@example.com. Subject line should read “Development, Communication & Marketing Associate”
We will only contact those applicants we would like to interview.
NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE.
Center for Children’s Initiatives is an equal opportunity employer.