Posted on August 8, 2012
Chief Executive Officer
Ford Family Foundation
Ford Family Foundation - Chief Executive Officer
Oregon’s second largest foundation, The Ford Family Foundation (TFFF), is seeking a visionary and creative leader to manage an annual qualified distribution of approximately $35M generated from average assets of $700M. The new CEO will work with an experienced Board consisting of icons among the Oregon community and business leaders, a dynamic staff team and a number of partners and grantees throughout the Pacific NW.
Based in Roseburg, OR, TFFF supports rural communities in Oregon and Northern California through innovative grant making, leadership training programs (The Ford Institute), and college scholarships (Ford Scholars). Today, the Foundation is poised for accelerated growth driven by a strategic shift to proactive grant making and forecasted asset growth.
Please visit http://www.tfff.org/ for a comprehensive look at the Foundation.
The following is a list of the key competencies, qualifications and characteristics we seek in the ideal candidate:
- Knowledge of contemporary philanthropic strategies.
- Demonstrated executive leadership with a hybrid background in business and philanthropy.
- Experience with collective impact organizations and a commitment to incorporating this into the culture of the organization.
- Big-picture thinking with experience leading complex organizations.
- Ability to deliver transparent and consistent communication across the organization.
- Demonstrated success in building trusting relationships with Board members and bridge building between Board and staff members.
- A critical thinker, natural networker, exceptional people manager and a strong financial manager.
- Experience managing dramatic growth and change.
- Proven track record of commitment to empowering communities and high comfort level across ideological and economic status.
- A minimum of 15 years contemporary leadership experience in dynamic and growing organizations.
- Leadership experience in philanthropic, non-profit, or business settings needed.
- Experience that demonstrates the ability to conceptualize, administer, evaluate, and communicate strategic initiatives is essential.
- Background that includes serving as a key spokesperson of an organization and reporting to or serving on a high profile Board of Directors.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required. An advanced degree is preferred.
TFFF retained Waldron to manage its CEO recruiting efforts. A full position description is available at http://www.waldronhr.com/index.php/social-enterprises/retained-search/open-searches
The Ford Family Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and all candidates are encouraged to apply. Please address a cover letter and resume to Tom Waldron at email@example.com.