Posted on August 7, 2012
Annual Fund and Major Gift Manager
Kirkland Performance Center
Kirkland Performance Center - Annual Fund and Major Gift Manager
This position plays a pivotal role on the Development team for Kirkland Performance Center by managing the Annual Fund individual giving programs. The position requires a highly organized, focused, and creative individual to work directly with the Executive Director in creating and executing fund-raising strategies for donors of all levels that addresses current needs and leverages momentum for growth. In addition, the Annual Fund and Major Gifts Manager must understand and respond effectively to the needs of individual donors, serve as a liaison with the community and provide general support to KPC and its Development program.
- Plan, coordinate, implement and track strategies for cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of individuals making unrestricted gifts to KPC's Annual Fund through the annual spring telefunding drive, artist sponsorship events, year-end and other direct mail appeals, and employer matching and workplace giving programs
- Working with marketing staff, create and manage all donor communications, including newsletter eBlasts, social media messaging, thank you letters, website content, brochures and quarterly mailers, performance programs and other materials as needed.
- Collaborate with other staff as necessary to design and fulfill donor benefits and acknowledgments to provide effective donor stewardship and continued engagement.
- Act as primary contact for donors' inquiries and serve as an ambassador at specified events, performances and to cultivate prospects and steward donor relationships.
- Develop strategies and implement plan to acquire, renew, and upgrade 800+ Membership donors contributing up to $999 annually towards achieving $200,000+ budget for annual contributed revenue.
- Supervise and perform administrative support including gift processing, data entry, mailing list generation, telephone and online donor inquiries, scheduling, filing, annual budgeting and monthly budget tracking, and reconciliation of contribution accounts with the Managing Director.
- Work with Executive Director to coordinate existing major donor ($1,000+) giving strategies, including the establishment of donor follow-up, stewardship, and engagement programs.
The successful candidate will have at least five years non-profit development experience, a proven individual giving fundraising track record, excellent writing and communications skills, Candidates should be proficient with Microsoft Office including Excel and Word as well as knowledgeable about CRM software and donor-management databases. In addition, candidates should thrive on balancing competing priorities, and working collaboratively across departments. Knowledge of Seattle/Eastside philanthropy is a plus. Passion and interest in the performing arts is helpful as ambassador for the organization. Job requires some evening and weekend work primarily during season from September through May.
Send resume, cover letter and three references. Position open until filled but resumes on file will be reviewed week of August 20, 2012. No phone calls please. Please refer to www.kpcenter.org for more information on organization. Kirkland Performance Center is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all applicants.