Posted on August 3, 2012
Drive Oregon - Program Manager
The position calls for an outgoing, engaging professional who can deliver high quality programming and build strong relationships with companies throughout the electric vehicle supply chain. Drive Oregon remains a small, dynamic organization; the successful candidate will be expected to wear many hats, work independently, and play a leadership role in the organization’s development.
Description of Duties:
Marketing and Communications:
- Produce email newsletter updates at least once per month;
- Manage Drive Oregon website to ensure it is effective, content-rich, and current;
- Manage Drive Oregon’s presence on Facebook, Twitter, and other social networks;
- Manage Salesforce CRM system to ensure accurate engagement and track effectiveness of communication efforts;
- Develop and curate forms, templates, multimedia content, and collateral material.
- Manage operations of Drive Oregon grant programs;
- Help foster supply chain connections for members, for example by assisting them in registering with the Northwest Connectory;
- Assist with other programs, such as fleet finance and supply chain development;
- Work with Executive Director to prioritize membership prospects, develop and implement cultivation strategies, recruit new members, and renew memberships;
- Work with Executive Director and members to develop and implement additional member services, benefits, and programs over time.
- Organize monthly industry events; select topics, recruit speakers, and manage logistics;
- Manage Drive Oregon’s participation in trade shows: prioritize events, solicit and coordinate member company participation, and travel to staff Drive Oregon booth;
- Plan and deliver other occasional industry workshops and conferences as required.
Organizational Management and Administration:
- Manage Salesforce CRM database and Vertical Response mailing list;
- Participate in board and committee meetings;
- Assist with accounting and reporting tasks as requested;
- Manage interns, volunteers, and contractors as appropriate;
- Assist in soliciting corporate sponsorship and developing fundraising proposals;
- Other responsibilities as required.
- A passion for Drive Oregon’s mission and values;
- Minimum two years of work experience in sales, marketing, fundraising, or related field;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Demonstrated self-motivation and initiative;
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent;
- Willingness and ability to travel; valid driver’s license;
- Ability to lift 35 pounds to assist with event set up;
- A good sense of humor.
- Previous experience in a trade group, economic development organization, or nonprofit;
- Proven ability to recruit and maintain dues-paying members;
- Knowledge of electric vehicle industry and/or technology;
- Experience working with databases, websites, and other online communications tools;
- Event planning and management experience;
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple conflicting projects, meeting deadlines while maintaining a healthy work-life balance.
Compensation: Starting salary range is $30,000 to $35,000, commensurate with experience. Benefits currently include 160 hours of paid vacation and 40 hours of paid sick time annually, as well as a $400 monthly allowance toward the cost of medical insurance for yourself and your family.
Drive Oregon is an equal opportunity employer.
To Apply: We are very small – so please, no phone calls. To ensure full consideration, please apply no later than August 15. Send cover letter and resume via email to email@example.com with subject line “Program Manager.” We will review applications as they are received and may begin interviews as early as the week of August 20. All applicants will receive notification via email when a final decision has been made.