Posted on August 3, 2012
Special Events Manager (Part-Time)
Greenwood Gardens - Special Events Manager (Part-Tme)
Greenwood Gardens, a 28-acre nationally significant public garden and former private estate, whose mission is to preserve and enhance its gardens, architecture, and landscape for the education and delight of the public, seeks a part-time Special Events Manager (three days a week). Greenwood Gardens is a member of the Garden Conservancy of America.
Reporting to the Co-Director who also serves as Director of Development, the Special Events Manager will oversee the day-to-day operations and logistics of all aspects of the Special Events Office, including planning and production of fundraising events, internal cultivation events and public programs, and all external events from inception to completion. Work closely with the Greenwood Gardens staff, as well as outside vendors, clients, and Garden donors, to ensure that all events are of the highest quality.
Primary Responsibilities include:
Qualifications: 5-7 years of special events experience in a nonprofit organization; excellent organizational skill; strong oral and written communications skills; planning and budgeting skills; outstanding ability to work well under pressure and to multi-task on projects; strict attention to detail and ability to problem solve. He/she must be able to establish priorities, exercise good judgment and discretion, and work as part of a team. B.A. required. Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and other computer programs. Must have driver’s license. Three days (25 hours) per week (hours determined by event rental schedule). Weekend hours as needed for events. Comp time applicable. Benefits available on pro-rated basis.
- Market Greenwood Gardens’s event site to the public, event planners, etc.;
- Conduct research, make site visits, and find resources to enhance Greenwood’s event program;
- Oversee the planning and execution of all internal events, such as annual jazz picnic, public programs such as lectures, and cultivation events;
- Design event rental agreements and contracts unique to each event for Co-Director approval;
- Maintain event calendar in coordination with internal programs and events;
- Liaise with client’s private event planner and all vendors related to a given event;
- Draft and distribute logistics memos and staff needs in advance of events;
- Invoice and ensure payment and adherence to contract for all event rentals;
- Oversee vendors and site during events to ensure safety and preservation of the property, and compliance with regulations set forth in the contract;
- Maintain insurance certificates for preferred vendors and collect information relating to any new vendors;
- Participate in the evaluation process of new vendors with Co-Directors;
- Create and revise room layouts for each event;
- Propose new ideas to improve the event planning and implementation process;
- Manage on-site production and cleanup for events;
- Close out all events, as required;
- Aggressively oversee and gather information on each event to achieve the highest quality event production;
- Represent and promote the mission and vision of Greenwood Gardens in all interactions with the public.
To Apply: Contact Greenwood Gardens’s search consultant Donna Bonem Rich, CFRE at firstname.lastname@example.org.