Posted on August 3, 2012
Prospect Park Alliance
Prospect Park Alliance - Membership Manager
The Prospect Park Alliance is currently seeking a full-time Membership Manager to join a dynamic and successful development team that raises nearly $4 million annually in operating support and manages government capital grants. Reporting to the Director of Individual Giving, primary responsibilities include:
- Managing and facilitating the growth of the Alliance’s membership and promotional commemorative giving programs;
- Helping to develop and executing all aspects of general membership and promotional commemorative campaigns including multi-channel communications, benefits, data analysis, financial management, and events;
- Supervising the Development Assistant;
- Assisting the Director of Individual Giving as needed.
The qualified candidate will play a major role in guiding the overall direction of the membership program, help improve systems, organization, processes, policies and approaches, help innovate data-driven creative solutions, and work proactively to expand and enhance the membership program.
Minimum qualifications include:
- Bachelor's degree;
- Nonprofit or membership or marketing or managerial experience;
- Sharp analytical skills, with an affinity for numbers;
- Meticulous attention to detail;
- Strong interest in development, marketing and/or metrics/analytics;
- Enthusiasm, curiosity, commitment to professional growth;
- Ability to work, thrive and maintain composure in a fast-paced, high pressure environment;
- Ability to juggle numerous, deadline-driven projects;
- Availability on some evenings and weekends;
- A drivers license valid in the state of New York along with a willingness to drive.
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge or other fundraising database software; proficiency in databases and data management;
- Degree or experience in financial analysis.
The Prospect Park Alliance, working in partnership with City of New York and the community, restores, develops, and operates Prospect Park for the enjoyment of all by caring for the natural environment, preserving historic design, and serving the public through facilities and programs. Prospect Park is Brooklyn’s 585-acre historic flagship park, designed by Frederick Law Olmsted and Calvert Vaux. It is the home of Brooklyn’s only lake and forest, with nature trails, recreational activities, public programs, volunteer opportunities, and the first urban Audubon Center.
To Apply: No phone calls, please. Although we appreciate your interest, we will only contact applicants we are considering for interview. The Membership Manager position is eligible for benefits, including a tax-deferred 403(b) plan. The Prospect Park Alliance is an equal opportunity employer. Please send resume and cover letter along with salary expectations to: firstname.lastname@example.org.