Posted on August 2, 2012
Senior Director, Technology Initiatives
Columbia University - Senior Director, Technology Initiatives
The Senior Director of Technology Initiatives will report to the Deputy Vice President of Operations and collaborate with key stakeholders to develop a 5 year Technology Plan for the Office of Alumni and Development. This individual contributor will serves as the chief technology officer for the Office of Alumni and Development for the distinct purpose of employing the technology practices and that will best support our business goals and initiatives.
- Stay abreast of developments in technology and how they may be applied in the Alumni and Development setting.
- Evaluate new and innovative technologies which will improve business processes and return on investment.
- Engages key administrative leaders and constituents throughout the university community.
- Responsible for creating, communicating, executing and sustaining a strategy for capturing global data and identifying the most strategic way of digitally storing and displaying that data within an intuitive, robust and accessible web interface.
- Work with internal units to identify processes and practices that can be improved or eliminated with technological solutions.
- Prototype systems/solutions in partnership with internal and external technology groups.
- Forge relationships with CUIT and other central administrative units to ensure compliance with university policies and direction.
- Explore opportunities for external partnerships, cloud computing, etc.
- Explore and recommend best practices in the content strategy and information architecture fields to collaborate on project teams and determine information needs of units.
- Benchmark technology usage in peer ivy institutions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Columbia University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. MINORITIES ARE ESPECIALLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
- Bachelor's degree required. Minimum seven to nine years of related experience.
- Substantial, demonstrable experience of managing, planning and delivering digital content projects.
- Experience of managing project plans and budgets.
- Advanced computer skills, including familiarity with state of the art concepts and web analytics.
- Proven ability to manage databases and generate reports.
- Tact and good judgment in confidential situations.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects with competing priorities.
- Ability to understand and resolve technical delivery and implementation problems.
- Must be detail-oriented, exercise good judgment, and work as a team player in a fast-paced environment.
- Advanced degree in a relevant field is preferred.
- Experience in higher education or similar products and services are preferred.
To apply for this position, please visit: https://jobs.columbia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=1131560