Posted on August 1, 2012
Rainforest Alliance - Web Associate
The Rainforest Alliance is an international nonprofit organization that works to conserve biodiversity and ensure sustainable livelihoods by transforming land-use practices, business practices and consumer behaviour. Based in New York City, with offices throughout the United States and worldwide, the Rainforest Alliance works with people whose livelihoods depend on the land, helping them transform the way they grow food, harvest wood and host travelers.
The Web Associate will participate in the creation, maintenance and expansion of the Rainforest Alliance’s Web sites, online campaigns and social media. S/he will edit and approve work from Rainforest Alliance staff contributors.
- Perform routine web content updates, including job postings, press releases, etc.;
- Create and optimize graphics for the Web and social media;
- Code and disseminate Rainforest Alliance e-mails and e-newsletters;
- Help to ensure that content on the Web site is up to date and optimally displayed;
- Keep current with Web technology and update Web tools accordingly;
- Liaise with program staff on content review and development; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or technical degree in Web programming;
- 3-5 years of Web site creation and maintenance experience;
- Strong knowledge of HTML and CSS required;
- Drupal and Convio experience a plus;
- Experience working for a not-for-profit a plus;
- Experience with photo-editing software;
- Excellent writing, editing and verbal communication skills;
- Must be extremely well organized and able to work on multiple projects concurrently;
- Ability to work within a team structure as well as independently, be creative, take initiative and be very attentive to detail;
- Strong interest in biodiversity conservation a plus; and
- Spanish, French, German or Japanese language fluency a plus.
Compensation: Salary commensurate with experience. Competitive benefits.
The Rainforest Alliance is an equal opportunity employer.
Send resume, cover letter and salary requirements to Human Resources, Rainforest Alliance, 665 Broadway, Suite 500, New York, New York 10012. Fax: 212-677-2187. Email at email@example.com