Posted on July 29, 2012
Product Licensing and Sales Specialist
U.S. Fund for UNICEF
U.S. Fund for UNCIEF - Product Licensing and Sales Specialist
Reporting to the Director, Product Marketing, the Product Licensing and Sales Specialist is responsible for product licensing and new business development.
This is a 12-month temporary assignment.
- Implement UNICEF’s licensing strategy for the U.S. market.
- Research the U.S. market to identify appropriate sectors, key players, and license partners. With guidance from the Licensing Toolkit and licensing specialists at PFP, perform market mapping and segmentation to identify prospective licensees in all UNICEF relevant (as the USF deems appropriate and in line with the brand equity) product categories including, but not limited to:
- Paper product categories
- Educational toys and games
- Baby care supplies, equipment, and accesories
- Conduct strategic outreach and development.
- Identify and develop new business opportunities with major partners with the potential to generate $2M+ in sales revenue.
- Establish a workplan for engagement with licensee and new business prospects.
- Work with UNICEF on screening of potential licenses.
- Schedule meetings with potential licenses.
- Prepare and make the UNICEF sales pitch.
- Lead the negotiation process with licensee.
- Garner necessary UNICEF approvals.
- Identify and develop previously pursued and new opportunities to grow existing business with current USF Greeting Cards partners.
- Work directly with Greeting Cards partner and identify third parties to cultivate relationships, communicate the UNICEF brand, and generate new ideas for growth that will benefit all parties.
- Work with integrated USF team, (including Enterprise Partnerships VP and Director and Corporate staff) to execute strategies as needed.
- Manage the licensing partner relationships through signing of the contract.
- Participate in Enterprise Partnerships and Greeting Cards meetings as required.
- Participate in additional USF and UNICEF meetings as appropriate.
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Minimum of 5 years work experience in consumer products based sales and a minimum of 2 years work experience in licensing.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to effectively write reports and business correspondence is required.
- Must have strong negotiating skills and the ability to present information to groups and senior-level business associates and USF/UNICEF staff.
- Ability to travel throughout the U.S.
- Must demonstrate USF Core Values: Trust, Respect, Accountability, Innovation, Teamwork, and Service.
Must possess current and valid US Work Authorization and be eligible to work for any US employer without sponsorship.
Due to the high volume of applications received, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The U. S. Fund for UNICEF is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce.
To Apply – Please apply on-line at http://tbe.taleo.net/NA7/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=UNICEFUSA&cws=1&rid=284