Posted on July 26, 2012
Director of Program and Evaluation
Parent Services Project
Parent Services Project - Director of Program and Evaluation
About Parent Services Project
Founded in 1980, Parent Services Project is a nonprofit
organization dedicated to integrating family support, engagement and
leadership into early childhood programs, schools and family-serving
organizations. For more information, visit: www.parentservices.org.
The Director of Program & Evaluation will provide direct
supervision to program staff who are responsible for providing family
engagement services and training in education and community-based
settings. The Director of Program and Evaluation will maintain
responsibility for all aspects of programmatic quality including
content-based support and training, program evaluation, and special
projects to further the organization’s mission. As a member of
the Senior Management Team, this individual will be involved in
strategic outreach, agency-wide evaluation, and professional development
initiatives. This individual will interact with the Board of Directors
on program and evaluation activities.
- Provide leadership and direct supervision for Parent
Services Project’s program activities and program staff, including
staff work plan implementation and annual evaluations. Support staff to
use data to inform program improvement.
- Provide training, coaching and technical assistance to
strengthen family engagement and leadership practices within education
settings and communities. Establish and maintain strong working
relationships with partner organizations.
- Oversee assessment, evaluation, and continuous quality
improvement procedures agency-wide to maintain quality programs for
families, organizations and communities. Work with staff, consultants
and key stakeholders to design and implement evaluation strategies and
assess the impact of programs and services.
- Represent Parent Services Project and the importance of
family engagement and leadership in various initiatives, conferences and
public venues at local, state and national levels.
- Participate in grant writing and fund development
efforts for the agency.
- Track project budgets and write reports as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 7+ years of progressive administrative leadership in an
organization serving families and communities.
- Strong knowledge/experience with family-serving systems,
policies and practices related to early education, education, child
welfare and/or family strengthening.
- Strong program evaluation experience; ability to develop
evaluation tools, compile and analyze data, write clear and compelling
- Prior training experience, including a strong
understanding of adult learning principles.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills,
able to interact comfortably with a variety of constituents.
- Presentations, publications and/or contributions to the
field of family support/family strengthening/family leadership.
- Flexible and goal-oriented, with a commitment to high
standards of excellence.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends and travel statewide.
- Ability to effectively use Microsoft Office computer programs.
- Master’s degree in related field required.
- Bilingual Spanish/English preferred.
- Must have a valid California Driver’s License and
FSLA Designation: Full-Time Exempt
Salary Range: $75,000-$80,000 annually
Benefits: Cafeteria benefits plan includes health,
dental, vision and paid vacation and sick leave.
Reports to: Executive Director
Submit a cover letter, resume and three references via email to:
or via mail to: Parent Services Project, 79 Belvedere Street, Suite 101,
San Rafael, CA 94901.
Parent Services Project is an equal opportunity