Posted on July 24, 2012
Lowcountry Autism Foundation
Hilton Head Island,
Lowcountry Autism Foundation - Executive Director
The Lowcountry Autism Foundation is seeking a multi-dimensional leader for the position of Executive Director: a leader to carry on the tradition of excellence in serving individuals and families who face the challenge of living with autism spectrum disorders in the South Carolina Lowcountry through the earliest possible screening, diagnostics and intervention of children from zero to age 6.
The Executive Director (ED) is responsible for providing overall leadership in achieving the mission of the Lowcountry Autism Foundation. The ED provides direction and oversees all organization programs, coordinates volunteer efforts, and advises and informs the Association Board of Directors. The ED is responsible for oversight and control of all financial systems that allow the organization to continue to be financially sound. Moreover, the ED is responsible for overseeing fund development, including overseeing, writing and administering grants and maintaining accountability to our donors.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelors Degree required.
- Ideal candidate possesses:
- Either past success of or the ability to work with a board of directors to cultivate positive partnerships with volunteer leaders
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- A persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people.
- Experience developing and managing a budget, including multiple funding sources. Demonstrated analytical skills, ability to identify problems, trends, develop solutions, and implement an action plan. Understanding of the legal, fiscal, and regulatory environment in which a non-profit operates.
- Visionary leader experienced in long-term collaborative strategic planning.
- Passion for the Association’s mission.
- High standard of professional ethics.
Oversees an organizational structure that ensures agency objectives are aligned with the mission of the Lowcountry Autism Foundation and are supported by finances, internal and external communication, and/or collaborative community partnerships.
Guides, supports, and serves our non-profit Board of Directors in establishing mission-based organizational goals and initiatives. Oversees fund development planning, strategy, and implementation. Promotes a strengths-based organizational culture that fosters open communication, teamwork, and a passion for the mission.
COMPENSATION: This is presently a non-paying position/ 100% volunteer position with flexible hours.
Interested parties should send a cover letter detailing qualifications and resume to the attention of Janet Williams at P.O. Box 5724; Hilton Head Island, South Carolina 29938 or email@example.com. If you need more information or have questions, please call 843-384-0852.
For more information visit: www.lowcountryautismfoundation.org