Posted on July 18, 2012
Child Care Services Association
Child Care Services Association - Executive Director
Child Care Services Association (CCSA) is a 501(c)(3) organization seeking a committed and dynamic leader to serve as Executive Director, who will further CCSA’s mission to “ensure affordable, accessible, high quality child care for all young children and their families” through research, services and advocacy.
CCSA is a nationally recognized nonprofit headquartered in the Triangle region of North Carolina. CCSA is a leader and advocate in child care services on the local, state and national level. The organization provides free referral services to families seeking child care, technical assistance to child care businesses, and educational scholarships and salary supplements to child care professionals through the T.E.A.C.H. Early Childhood® and Child Care WAGE$® Projects. CCSA licenses its successful programs to states across the country and provides consultation to others addressing child care concerns.
CCSA is governed by a 19 member board of directors and has 125 staff. The organization has a budget of $28 million. More information on CCSA may be found at www.childcareservices.org.
Reporting to the board of directors, the chief executive will do the following:
- Be responsible for all aspects of the organization: recruitment, training, supervision, compensation, budget, fund development, and managing the agency’s services and products.
- Ensure that CCSA sustains itself financially, that it continues to pursue, produce and accept projects which further its mission of ensuring affordable, accessible, high quality care for all families, that CCSA is represented in the early childhood community at the local, state and national level.
- Advocate for high quality early care and education and schoolage programs working with local, state and national officials and organizations as appropriate, participate and present to relevant conferences, and promote the growth of CCSA staff members through training opportunities and information about current child care issues and policies.
For a full description of the position and its responsibilities, please visit: childcareservices.org/employment.html.
The ideal candidate for this position will bring a variety of experiences and attributes to CCSA, including:
- At least ten years of experience in the administration of a large non-profit, tax-exempt organization, preferably in an organization providing services to young children.
- Familiar with child care public policy issues on the national, state and local levels.
- Good understanding of financial management of nonprofit organizations.
- Experience and success in grant proposal writing as well as have the vision to formulate proposal ideas.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, writing and communication skills.
- At least a Master's Degree in Early Childhood Education, Child Care Administration or Public Administration or related field.
To apply, complete an application and e-mail with resume, salary requirements and cover letter detailing your qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Resumes will be considered until August 31, 2012. Applicants are encouraged to apply early