Posted on July 18, 2012
Anderson Center for Autism
Anderson Center for Autism - Development Manager
Anderson Center for Autism is a not for profit organization in Staatsburg, NY, offering the highest quality year-round day and residential programs to children and adults diagnosed with autism and other developmental disabilities. Our curriculum features educational, cultural and recreational opportunities specifically designed to challenge each individual to the fullest extent of his or her own abilities.
Using evidence-based methods, we work to achieve realistic progress that makes a difference in the lives of the individuals we serve and their families. Providing an enriched, positive climate filled with educational, cultural and recreational activities to foster growth, independence and social interaction, we are a results-oriented agency that offers current program opportunities. We offer Consulting Services which provide support to all who surround, teach and live with individuals on the spectrum; delivering consultation, support and training to individuals, families, school districts, and community agencies.
Throughout our history, we have made outstanding contributions while consistently refining our mission, but the tradition of compassionately serving those in need has always remained the same. Today, as an established leader in 24-hour education and care, we expand our scope and continue to provide valuable resources.
We understand that autism dramatically affects the lives of all who face it. For families, the autism community and public organizations, we serve as a valuable resource by providing education, support and outreach services and information aimed at delivering assistance and increasing overall autism awareness.
- Identifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding individual, foundation and corporate donors
- Developing and implementing an annual giving campaign
- Coordinating with Anderson Center staff to customize solicitations as appropriate
- Participating in the planning and implementation of special events for donor recognition and fundraising
- Bachelors degree in a related/pertinent field
- Experience in fundraising for a non-profit organization
- Strong writing, communication and organizational skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of Raiser’s Edge database preferred
- The ability to work well in a team environment
- An affinity for the mission of Anderson Center for Autism
Interested candidates may visit www.AndersonCenterforAutism.org
and complete a job application with salary requirement online - click on “Careers” tab - scroll to the bottom on the left and fill out the application and submit.
Anderson Center for Autism:
4885 Route 9
P.O. Box 367
Staatsburg, NY 12580
Carol Weber Assistant Director- HR
Phone: (845) 889-9215
Fax: (845) 889-3104