Posted on July 17, 2012
Foundation and Corporate Relations Manager
Asian Americans for Community Involvement
Asian Americans for Community Involvement - Foundation and Corporate Relations Manager
JOB SUMMARY: The Foundation and Corporate Relations Manager reports to the Director of Development. As a member of the Resource Development team, this individual will be responsible for managing relationships with foundation and corporate supporters and raising funds from these two constituencies in support of AACI’s programs and initiatives. This individual will conduct foundation research, nourish existing foundation relationships and build new relationships and prepare proposals in order to produce both unrestricted and restricted revenue for AACI. The manager will work with the Director of Development and program staff to coordinate the foundation and corporate fundraising program, ensuring a centralized effort and maintaining the system for tracking and reporting on all foundation and grant support. The Manager plays a critical role cultivating, soliciting and stewarding donors and prospects, matching institutional funder interests with AACI’s varied programs and priorities, developing complex proposals and reports, engaging board members and collaborating with program and administrative colleagues.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Identify, qualify, cultivate, solicit and steward foundations, corporations and other non-profit and civic organizations whose philanthropic interests and priorities align with AACI’s mission and fundraising needs.
- Establish funding priorities with senior management and manage grants cycle.
- Write persuasive letters, proposals and other communications to prospective and current institutional funders. Submit on a timely basis and perform appropriate follow-up.
- Manage funder briefings and funder site visits.
- Identify strategies to strengthen relationships with foundations, corporations and other non-profit organizations.
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with program staff within AACI, staying current on goals, programs, staffing and outcomes of each program.
- Creatively collaborate with AACI program and administrative staff to develop proposals that strategically align donor interests with AACI’s programmatic priorities and opportunities.
- Ensure accurate and timely submission of grant and other proposal requests; production of meeting follow-up letters and interest letters; acknowledgement of contributions, and reporting and recognition requirements as needed.
- Meet with funders and prospects as appropriate.
- Work with program and finance staff to monitor progress towards meeting donor expectations.
- Research, identify, rate and prioritize corporate and foundation funding prospects; update guidelines and needs of current donors, and continually work to increase awareness of potential funding sources.
- Maintain institutional and contact records in files and Raiser’s Edge database.
- Assist with volunteer management and connect corporate donors with volunteer opportunities at AACI.
- Assist with building relationships with and researching individual donors, including major donors.
- Participate in special assignments, planning of events, and other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree, with a minimum of three years of experience in the field.
- Strong initiative, with excellent writing, interpersonal, organizational, research, critical thinking, and presentation skills.
- Experience in managing a portfolio of institutional donors and a proven track record of achieving fundraising goals.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as part of a collaborative team, and handle multiple tasks with extreme attention to details, deadlines and results.
- Ability to work across program departments to promote productivity and a positive work environment.
- Ability to successfully manage external relationships at all levels.
- Sophisticated research skills, including experience using acknowledged prospect research tools.
- Knowledge of and experience with Bay Area Asian American communities a plus.
- Experience with donor management software required; proficiency with Raiser’s Edge preferred.
For consideration, please mail or fax cover letter and resume to:
Asian Americans for Community Involvement
2400 Moorpark Ave., Suite 300
San Jose, CA 95128
Fax (408) 975-2745. No phone calls please.