Posted on July 24, 2012
Grant Manager (Part-Time)
New York State Tenants and Neighbors
New York State Tenants and Neighbors - Grant Manager
The New York State Tenants & Neighbors Information Service has been awarded a two-year Tenant Resource Network (TRN) grant from the Department of Housing and Urban Development. The purpose of the grant is:
The new staff person’s responsibilities will include:
- to assist, inform, educate, and engage tenants living in buildings that are at risk of loss of affordability;
- to preserve HUD-assisted affordable housing. We are now seeking a Grant Manager to oversee the expansion of our work that will be made possible by this new grant.
- collaborating with the Executive Director and program staff to launch the work associated with the grant;
- monitoring the finances to ensure funds are being spent as outlined in the program budget;
- monitoring the work associated with the grant, ensuring it is being carried out in compliance with HUD requirements and that all program deliverables are being met;
- reporting to HUD about the work performed; and
- identifying, documenting, and disseminating the best practices developed through this program.
This is a part-time (16 hours a week), two year position. The Grants Manager will report to the Executive Director and will be a member of DC1707. There is a possibility that the position could eventually become a full-time position that would involve management of other grants and some fundraising work, and there is also a possibility that the position could to become permanent. These scenarios would be contingent upon additional funding becoming available.
The ideal candidate would be someone who is exceedingly well-organized, methodical, and detail-oriented; who would welcome the challenge of balancing the rigors of compliance with federal funding requirements with the culture of a small grassroots economic justice organization; who has exceptional interpersonal skills and wants to join a small, collaborative, hard-working team; who has experience in grants management and financial management; and who has a strong interest in both grassroots organizing and affordable housing. A sense of humor and perspective would be most welcome.
To apply, please send a resume, thoughtful cover letter, and three professional references to email@example.com. You are encouraged to visit our website, www.tandn.org, prior to applying. We are seeking to hire as quickly as possible, so please submit your materials at your earliest convenience. Please submit your materials as .doc documents or as PDFs, not .docx documents.