Posted on July 13, 2012
Regional Communications Officer SE Asia and Ukraine
Clinton Health Access Initiative
Clinton Health Access Initiative - Regional Communications Officer SE Asia and Ukraine
The Clinton Health Access Initiative (CHAI) is a trusted advisor to governments, helping them transform the way they provide health services to their people. We recognize that some of the greatest challenges in fighting diseases of poverty are organizational and managerial, not scientific or medical. With offices in over 25 countries, we partner with governments on a wide range of issues including HIV/AIDS, malaria, and maternal and child health, as well as strengthening in-country health systems, expanding human resources for health, and improving markets for medicines and the efficiency of health resource allocation
Within the Southeast Asia Region of CHAI, there are 5 country offices (Cambodia, Indonesia, Papua New Guinea, Vietnam and Ukraine). CHAI is currently looking for a Regional Communications Officer to support our country programs across the region while helping regional management develop new opportunities to expand programming within existing CHAI countries and beyond. The region is currently responsible for implementing a diverse portfolio of programs spanning the health sector including HIV/AIDS, Prevention of Mother to Child Transmission, Rural Health Systems Strengthening, Lab Systems Improvement, Malaria and Integrated Care for Injecting Drug User populations (IDU’s).
The Regional Communications Officer (RCO) will work closely with the Regional Director, Director of Regional Operations, Country Directors and program staff across all 5-country offices to ensure the overall success of program implementation specifically in the areas of communications, reporting, knowledge management, development and donor management. In addition, the RCO will work closely with Global Communications and Development staff to ensure consistency in approach across all of these areas.
The position will be based in Phnom Penh, Cambodia with expected travel within the region approximately 40% of the time.
- Support all countries in preparation of reports to key stakeholders (Donors, CHAI Management, Government Partners, Registration Authorities, etc).
- Work in close coordination with global communications and development teams to improve standardization of key templates, documents and processes as it relates to communications and reporting
- Support countries in the development of concept notes and donor proposals
- Support team in the development of important program documents like training materials, standard operating procedures, toolkits, etc
- Use various forms of media to document best practices which can be shared with internal and external audiences
- Develop and maintain an online knowledge management repository of key documents developed by the region.
- Collaborate with outside vendors to create professional, top-quality marketing collateral for CHAI.
- Work with countries to contribute content to the CHAI website including creation of country fact sheets, case studies and online video documentaries.
- Helps in the recruitment and management of communications related interns and volunteers (likely to be based in multiple locations)
- In carrying out tasks above, develop a thorough understanding of all country programs through frequent interaction with country teams, site visits, meetings with stakeholders, etc.
- Master’s Degree (preferably in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, Public Health, International Development or related fields) or Bachelors Degree with equivalent level of experience
- Passion for working in public health and making a difference for the most vulnerable populations living in the region
- Superb written, presentation and communication skills and the ability to write and edit on a variety of topics and in different styles and voices, with a strong portfolio of writing samples
- Works well independently and able to effectively multi-task across many work streams – willingness and flexibility to manage multiple projects at the same time
- Self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook.
- Demonstrates ability to acquire understanding and absorb new information rapidly.
- Empathic communicator, able to see things from the other person's point of view.
- Performs well under pressure and tight timelines
- Strong listening skills and a respect for local styles and customs
- Good familiarity with non-profit work aimed at addressing global health challenges.
- Responsive to needs of country staff, government, and other CHAI colleagues
- Entrepreneurial spirit, with a flexibility to work with individuals with varying work styles.
- Willingness and demonstrated ability to work with limited resources.
- Highly proficient in common computer applications particularly Word and Powerpoint, but also experience with graphic design software and web publishing.
- A minimum of 5 years experience working in the area of communications or public relations with increasing levels of responsibility and leadership; at least 2 years of field experience working for an international NGO or development organization working in the area of public health
- Professional experience working in Southeast Asia preferred; experience living in a developing country desirable
Please apply at: https://careers-chai.icims.com/jobs/2742/job