Posted on July 12, 2012
Director of Corporate Giving
New York Restoration Project
New York Restoration Project - Director of Corporate Giving
New York Restoration Project is a nonprofit organization dedicated to restoring and building a network of green spaces whose joint impact enhances environmental health and quality of life. We are committed to increasing green space in underserved areas and building a sense of ownership in the people who live in surrounding communities.
About the Position
The Director of Corporate Giving will lead the Corporate Giving program, including proposal development for projects, major gifts, annual fund and gala events.
He/she will report to the Senior Vice President (SVP) of External Affairs, and work closely with the Board of Trustees and Executive Director of NYRP while carrying a portfolio of select prospects and donors. The Director of Corporate Giving will develop and execute a plan for the identification, qualification, engagement, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of corporate donors and prospects. The Director of Corporate Giving will be accountable for the annual Corporate Giving department goals and will direct both strategy and program implementation.
The ideal candidate will have a successful record of developing corporate solicitations strategies and front line responsibility from identification to cultivation to closing gifts, ideally within a complex and fast-paced environmental and/or cultural organization in which he/she has actively built a prospect portfolio. He\she will have a passion for NYRP’s mission and programs and will possess the poise to work with philanthropic leaders.
- Design, implement and manage a comprehensive proactive development plan focused on expanding and enhancing corporate relationships by directing and coordinating activities to obtain corporate monetary support;
- Identify, cultivate and solicit philanthropic and marketing funding sponsorships with corporations interested in NYRP’s mission and programs;
- Develop highly competitive proposals for corporate prospects and leverage diverse corporate goals and preferences in conjunction with NYRP goals;
- Maintain a rigorous schedule of contacts with corporate representatives, creating moves management plans related to them, compelling presentations and comprehensive fundraising proposals;
- Monitor proposal deadlines, prepare and edit proposals and managed proposal submissions;
- Strategically design and implement a corporate giving program which may include a renewable membership program to recognize and provide benefits to the partners;
- Oversee goal-setting, performance-monitoring, reports and budgeting;
- Effectively represent the corporations and enhance collaborative relationships with the program staff and leadership soliciting gifts from corporations;
- Design and manage corporate stewardship program;
- Convene and coordinate with External Affairs staff and others to review financial performance, development department planning and emerging priorities;
- Prepare multi-year strategic and operational plans for the identification, qualification, engagement, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of major corporate donors and prospects to meet revenue expectations for NYRP’s funding priorities;
- Manage, with support from Development Services department, the prospect management system, which includes regular prospect review meetings with NYRP’s SVP of External Affairs and managing the preparation of briefing documents;
- Maintain best fundraising practices;
- Ensure a transparent, coordinated, and collaborative approach to the cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of donors and prospects throughout NYRP.
Required Characteristics and Qualifications
- A proven track record of maintaining effective relationships with corporate partners and determining the optimal scenario for successful gift solicitation;
- A minimum of five years of experience and progressive senior-level experience within a complex, fast-moving environment;
- Demonstrated ability to relate to and understand the needs and interests of corporations in order to develop relationships between them and NYRP;
- Ability to promote NYRP’s fundraising and strategic priorities by developing excellent working relationships with staff and board leadership and with the development and marketing division teams;
- Experience effectively growing volunteer outreach programs;
- Outstanding stewardship and relationship management skills with meticulous follow-through and excellent presentation skills while exercising creativity;
- A team player with social and political savvy;
- Willingness and ability to engage in NYRP’s programmatic work in the field.
Interested individuals are encouraged to send a cover letter and resume by email to HR@nyrp.org or standard mail to 254 W. 31st Street, 10th Floor, New York, NY 10001.