Posted on July 10, 2012
Single Stop - Program Officer
Single Stop USA seeks to hire a Program Officer who will be responsible for working on the roll-out, delivery and management of Single Stop USA services through community-based organizations in the cities in which Single Stop USA operates, and monitoring Single Stop USA's progress.
- Works with NY Program Director to manage NY grantees and help ensure the successful implementation of the Single Stop model at partner sites.
- Collaborate on the development of new projects, including researching and vetting prospective grantees.
- Assist the VP of Programs and Director of NY Programs with the preparation of grant reports.
- Attend meetings, conduct site visits, review grantee submissions, and track grantee performance.
- Work with grantees to identify potential enhancements to project development and to ensure that contractual objectives are met, and programs are within budget.
- Understand and analyze data pertaining to NY programs.
- Work in consultation with local funders – providing them with quantitative and qualitative information on site and project performance.
- Develop and maintain working relationships with stakeholders to support program development and implementation.
- Contribute to quality improvement of the organization and Programs division, including facilitating internal communication and evaluation, specifically as it informs future program development.
- Provide written evaluations and recommendations for new grant recipients and renewals for existing grantees.
- Facilitate best practice sharing amongst sites and propose improved service offering.
- Develop a strong competency with Single Stop USA’s benefits screening tool, database and reporting procedures.
- The Program Officer reports to the Director of NY Programs.
- Commitment to Single Stop USA's mission.
- Master's degree in social work, management or public administration or other related field.
- 2-5 years of work experience, preferably at a nonprofit or a related field.
- Experience and/or commitment to working with low-income families and individuals.
- Experience working with data and providing quantitative analysis.
- Ability to work on a team and to also independently establish priorities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; collegial, energetic, able to develop productive relationships with colleagues, grantees and others who contribute to program development and management. Works well with and welcomes opportunities to work across diverse cultures.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and complete multiple task requirements simultaneously.
- Must be highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Must have computer software skills including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience working with veterans and/or seniors a plus.
- Knowledge of public benefits and tax credits, and experience facilitating the delivery of public benefits is a plus.
- Salary commensurate with experience.
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Program Officer” in the subject line.