Posted on July 6, 2012
Teva Learning Alliance
Teva Learning Alliance - EMT
A. EMT primary duties will include:
- Handling all medical emergencies, as well as general sickness (headaches, stomachaches, sprains, tick bites, sunburn, etc.)
- Staying with students who are ill and need to sit in the infirmary for short periods of time
- Advising students and school teachers on over-the-counter medications available to them for general illnesses
- Reviewing students’ medical forms and informing the Program Coordinator of any important issues.
- Keeping a journal of medical incidents that occur Speaking with parents to arrange for special medical situations and checking discrepancies in medical records.
B. EMT secondary duties (in the absence of a medical problem):
a. Provide daily administrative support to Program Coordinator and/or Co-Director, i.e.: photocopying chaperone guides, labeling and mailing student evaluations, writing names on certificates, etc.
Hours: The EMT is expected to be in or near the office from 10:00 am – 7:30 pm on Monday, 8:30am until 7:30 pm on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, and on Thursdays, 8:30 am – 3:00 pm, except at mealtimes (TBA), when they will join the program in the dining hall.
Location: Your employment will begin and end at Isabella Freedman Jewish Retreat Center, in Falls Village, CT, in the Berkshire Mountains.
Food, Lodging and Compensation: We will provide food and lodging for the entire contract period. Meals will be provided during program days and training days. A staff kitchen will be available on Fridays and Saturdays, for staff to prepare their own food. Compensation is in the amount of $200 per programming week, and Work/Trade for 15 hours a week during non-programming weeks for Room and Board. You will be responsible for your own transportation to and from the site.
Expectations: The EMT is expected to be in or near the infirmary, during the entire work time except meals and breaks. You must remain in radio contact at all times. All other times when students are in residence you will be on-call via your cell-phone for consultation.
To apply: Send a resume & EMT certification to Emily@tevacenter.org. Call 212-807-6376, ext 112 for more info.