Posted on July 3, 2012
Hillel at Davis and Sacramento
Hillel at Davis and Sacramento - Development Professional
Hillel at Davis and Sacramento is seeking a Part-Time Development Professional to join our close-knit team at a state-of-the-art Hillel. We are looking for someone with the skills to ensure our Hillel meets its development goals. We seek a dynamic, creative individual who is a self-starter and possesses excellent communication, computer, and organizational skills.
The Development Professional is responsible for working with the Executive Director to help manage the annual operations campaign, steward donors, research gift prospects, write grant proposals, and market to current and potential stakeholders.
- Work with the Executive Director and Board of Directors Development Committee to create each year’s development plan to meet annual development goals.
- Help coordinate the flow of the annual campaign, including direct mail and e-campaigns, and assist with concept, design, and production.
- Monitor results, communicate with staff, and adjust strategy as needed.
- Forecast fundraising potential for annual budgeting process and track development expenses.
- Work in conjunction with the Executive Director to coordinate stewardship of donors, including donor research and moving forward solicitation efforts.
- Orchestrate and participate in face-to-face donor meetings, including but not limited to alumni, parents, community members, organizations, and other friends of Hillel.
- Assist with donor events. Develop and implement strategies to garner support from alumni, parents, and community members.
- Cultivate and research prospective donors (individuals, foundations, and businesses).
- Prepare grant proposals and reports as needed.
- Input, track, and analyze data in our donor database.
- Work with other staff to implement a cohesive marketing and publicity plan.
- Develop marketing materials.
- Communicate Hillel’s vision to key constituencies.
- Provide leadership in marketing, public relations, and promotional activities
Qualifications of the Ideal Candidate:
The Development Professional must be capable of working independently, as well as part of a team, and have the ability to prioritize and handle multiple assignments. Creativity, flexibility, attention to detail, and excellent interpersonal, communication, and computer skills are essential.
While this is a part-time position, evening and weekend hours will be necessary to attend events and/or meet with donors. Occasional travel will also be required.
Candidates must have an undergraduate degree and at least two years of professional experience applicable to this position. An advanced degree and a successful track record in fundraising and grant writing are highly desirable. Familiarity with the Jewish community in the Davis/Sacramento region and/or San Francisco Bay Area is a plus.
Hillel at Davis and Sacramento – An Overview:
We are proud to be one of the fastest growing and most vibrant Hillels in the country. We serve an estimated 5,000 Jewish students at six institutions of higher learning in our region (UC Davis, CSU Sacramento, McGeorge School of Law, and three community colleges). We offer myriad educational, social, tzedek, and spiritual programs each academic year, and send scores of students to Israel on Taglit-Birthright, MASA, and other programs. We collaborate with several Jewish student groups, as well as a number of community and faith groups.
We recently opened our beautiful, new, 9,700 sq. ft. Hillel House, conveniently located across the street from the UC Davis campus. Davis is a lovely college town within easy driving distance to Sacramento, the San Francisco Bay Area, Napa Valley, the Sierra Mountains, and Lake Tahoe.
Davis, CA, U.S.
Part-Time - Approximately 20 hours/week
Desired Start Date:
Please apply at www.hilleljobs.com by clicking on “Current Openings”.
PLEASE NOTE: Applicants should include a copy of their cover letter, resume, and three professional references (including name, title, phone number, email address and relationship to applicant) in one document when applying for this position. Please upload this document as a word or PDF file. When you upload the document, the system will create an unformatted version of your resume as a snapshot in your application. The formatted version of your resume will also be attached to your application, and will be used during the hiring process.