Posted on July 3, 2012
Administrative Assistant, Family Giving
Simons Foundation - Administrative Assistant, Family Giving
The Simons Foundation, established in 1994 in New York City, is a private foundation dedicated to advancing the frontiers of research in the basic sciences and mathematics. With assets of over $2 billion and an annual grants and programs budget of approximately $220 million, the Foundation makes major commitments to outstanding programs and institutions across the globe.
The Administrative Assistant for Family Giving will report to the Vice President, Family Giving and will provide administrative support to several small Foundations within the Family Giving portfolio. These foundations include The Nick Simons Foundation (NSF), Imagine 247 Foundation and Foundation for a Just Society. The individual in this role will assist with the work outlined below, proactively anticipate administrative needs and develop recommendations for efficient administrative support. S/he should be comfortable acting as a representative of The Simons Foundation and its staff.
- Draft grant award letters and prepare payment instructions for NSF.
- Maintain the NSF web-based grants management information database and tracking system (ALTUM ProposalCentral) including grantee data, deliverables, and payment schedules.
- Produce various reports, pie charts and bar graphs using excel.
- Maintain comprehensive documentation of due diligence on grantees.
- Prepare monthly I247 and NSF invoices for approval.
- File all legal, insurance, board and financial documents.
- Maintain up to date insurance policies.
- Interact with audit and tax return preparers to coordinate meetings and timeframes for key meetings and deadlines.
- Assist with preparation of program and financial reports as requested.
- Prepare relevant board packets including minutes, financials and program reports.
- Assist with creating presentations by building spreadsheets and graphs.
- Assist with special projects as assigned.
- Provide general administrative duties such as plan travel arrangement, schedule meetings, answer telephone, refer inquiries and sort mail.
- Minimum of three years experience as an administrative assistant to a senior manager in finance or administration at a public or private institution.
- Bachelor’s level degree.
- Exceptional knowledge and experience working with Excel, Word and Power Point. Strong Excel skills are required to create spreadsheets using basic formula functions, formatting data and creating graphs.
- Articulate, motivated, and well organized.
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills. Flexibility to assist others when needed.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
If interested please email: firstname.lastname@example.org