Posted on July 2, 2012
Carmel High School Foundation
Carmel High School Foundation - Development Director
The Carmel High School Foundation (CHSF) seeks to hire an energetic and creative person to support the CUSD Board of Directors, CHS Scholarship Committee, and the CHS College and Career Center to launch the CHS Scholarship and Educational Needs Endowment Campaign. The overall goal of a successful campaign is advancing the CHS scholarship program to meet the higher educational and financial demands of the 21st century. This requires increasing the current Endowment Fund from three hundred thousand to several million dollars in 3 years. These funds will support the CHS Scholarship program as well as provide funding for other educational needs.
The Director will assess the situation and set up a plan of action – The Director will develop and implement strategies for reaching out to the CHS alumni and the Carmel community to fund the endowment’s growth.
Operational Management: Responsible for developing and executing high quality support and continuity for day-to-day operations that result in aggressively expanding financial support for the CHSF endowment. Additionally, experience in managing special events, and recruiting and directing fundraising volunteers is essential.
Fund Raising: Cultivate new & existing major donors through communications, networking, and board engagement.
The Giving Back to CHS campaign: Launch the development campaign -Giving Back to CHS including, but not limited to, increasing the Community’s sponsorship, attracting CHS alumni Association and individual Alumni classes’ participation, and conducting an annual fundraiser. Help establish and create campaign strategy, timelines, communications, and events. Ensure each regular investor transparent accountability and appropriate donor recognition.
Communications: Responsible for developing alumni and donor databases as well as a variety of avenues of communication including but not limited to the annual report, web site, electronic newsletter, social media, media relations, and other communications vehicles as appropriate to further the mission of the Foundation.
Community Relations: Develop and maintain productive working relationships with CHSF Board members, key school district leaders and community members.
- Commitment to the mission of the Carmel High School Foundation – “Advancing Scholarship and other unmet Educational Needs.”
- Development experience related to major giving, prospecting and engagement with community and alumni fundraising.
- Experience in working with databases, and conversant with current technology and its capacities.
- Ability to generate new ideas for fundraising –creative, innovative thinking is essential.
- Strong interpersonal skills providing the essential collaboration between Board, volunteers and staff. Excellent written and in-person presentation skills, follow through, and due diligence.
- Ability to prioritize, delegate and remain engaged and flexible in effective multi- tasking.
- Bachelors Degree required, advanced degree preferred.
Position will start as 20 hours per week, but can develop into full time as funds are generated.
Salary commensurate with experience
For consideration, submit a letter of interest and a resume by email to email@example.com. (Please cut and paste your letter of interest and resume into the email to avoid problems with attachments.)
Carmel High School Foundation
P.O. Box 222780 Carmel, CA 93922
CHSF is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified candidates
(Please cut and paste your letter of interest and resume into the email to avoid problems with attachments.)