Posted on June 28, 2012
amfAR, The Foundation for AIDS Research
amfAR, The Foundation for AIDS Research - Grants Administrator
Administers MSM Initiative grants and awards (and others as may be assigned) through all stages: the issue of requests for proposals (RFPs); internal and peer-review; approval requirements; notification of awards to grant recipients; tracking and monitoring funded projects; and ultimately processing close-out. The Grants Administrator also maintains accurate and complete records for all funded grants; provides information and analysis to program and accounting department staff, funding sources, grantees and applicants, and others; and ensures the consistency of application, review and award administration procedures for MSM Initiative grant making.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participates in and provides support for the planning and implementation of grant funding cycles.
- Assists in preparing RFPs and grant application forms and instructions, and in obtaining translations; coordinates website posting and dissemination of announcements to mailing list and grant listing services.
- Receives and tracks grant submissions to ensure timely acknowledgment of applications.
- Is familiar with donor requirements and conditions and IRS regulations relevant to non-profit equivalence.
- Conducts initial administrative review of applications and eligibility documents.
- Facilitates grant review process: makes initial reviewer assignments, disseminates materials, maintains administrative forms, ballots and checklists, and computes reviewer scores. Coordinates arrangements for regional peer review meetings and conference calls, and provides administrative support at meetings as required.
- Ensures that accurate and complete database records are maintained for solicited proposals and applications, funded grants and awards, peer reviewers, and RFP mailing lists.
- Tracks submission of grantee receivables, conducts administrative review for completeness, routes for reviews and tracks approvals.
- Communicates approvals and authorizations for each step of award and payment process, including closures, relinquishments, and revocations, to accounting department; analyzes variances in grants management reports, explaining variances prior to final reconciliation with accounting.
- Fields all recipients’ queries and requests related to grants and awards.
- Reports on current activities and program status in correspondence, memoranda, and presentations for amfAR’s staff.
- Assists with documentation of grants administration policies and procedures relevant to the MSM Initiative.
- Maintains all grant and award records and files, both on and off site.
- Provides administrative support for grant-making tasks in other program areas as required.
- Prepares accurate information regarding current and historic grants and awards in response to staff requests and assigned external inquiries as required.
- Provides administrative support to the Director, Grants Administration and Compliance, and the Director, MSM Initiative, as required.
BA/BS or equivalent experience, and one year experience in grants management or a related field. Portfolio of written communications. Experience in detail oriented, deadline driven projects, managing multiple demands, prioritizing tasks, and working independently. Familiarity with CRM applications, database applications such as Microsoft Access, and proficiency using MS Excel, Word and Outlook. Flexibility to work some extended hours and weekends, and to travel occasionally. Knowledge of HIV/AIDS issues preferred. Discretion in handling sensitive information required. Basic proficiency in a foreign language helpful. Ability to lift and manage record files weighing up to 20 pounds.
Interested applicants should send their cover letter, resume, salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No agencies please. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer