Posted on March 14, 2013
Development Prospect Researcher
World Society for the Protection of Animals
World Society for the Protection of Animals - Development Prospect Researcher
The World Society for the Protection of Animals seeks a proactive Development Prospect Researcher professional to join a growing team to generate support from major donors, foundations, corporations and planned giving prospects in a new US office in New York City. In this position, the Prospect Researcher will have the opportunity to help strengthen and build the U.S. fundraising program of the largest international animal welfare organization in the world. WSPA has been growing at a rate of 10%/year for the past ten years, and has an ambitious agenda for continued growth in the years to come. As part of a global organization, the Prospect Researcher will work collaboratively with fundraisers in other country offices, as well as with the International fundraising team in London.
The Prospect Researcher will play a key role in a Development department charged with raising over $6M annually. He/She will identify high potential prospects, analyze current donors and recommend strategy for new prospects and for new opportunities with existing donors and prospects. This is a unique opportunity for a talented researcher to have a significant impact on WSPA’s fundraising activities.
- Research and analyze new high net worth donor prospects and new opportunities with existing donors with a primary focus on Major Gift, Foundation and Corporate opportunities.
- Conduct research and prepare briefing materials with emphasis on constituents’ wealth, interests, philanthropy and relationships.
- Map relationships among donors and prospects to help identify opportunities for WSPA to maximize fundraising potential.
- Analyze results of wealth and philanthropy screenings of donor database to identify those with potential to make larger gifts.
- Proactively identify and research new prospects from successful organizations and key industries who may have interests which align with campaigns.
- Update and maintain information on prospective donors in the donor database.
- Research new donors of $1K+ and make recommendations regarding portfolio management and cultivation and stewardship plans.
- Maintain "tickler system" for next actions and cultivation of individual major donors.
- Remain current and fully informed on research trends and available resources in the field.
- Bachelor’s degree with 2+ years of experience in the development or research fields.
- Experience sourcing information from online database and web sources.
- Experience with LexisNexis, Hoover’s, Morningstar, Blackbaud ResearchPoint preferred.
- Working knowledge of Raiser’s Edge database preferred.
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and web based research skills, and comfortable working with social media networks (Twitter, Facebook, etc.)
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to analyze and interpret business and financial data and information.
- Strong oral/written communication skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy are essential
- Must be highly organized, able to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Proactive, flexible and team player
This is a full time, New York City based position. Salary is commensurate with candidate’s experience and this position includes generous benefits offered to full-time WSPA employees.
Candidates wishing to be considered in the first round please send a cover letter cover letter including salary requirements and resume to: email@example.com. For consideration WSPA-RESEARCHER must be in the subject line. Position will remain open until filled.