Posted on June 27, 2012
Teva Learning Alliance
Teva Learning Alliance - Program Coordinator
The Teva Learning Alliance’s mission is to fundamentally transform Jewish education through experiential learning that fosters Jewish and ecological sustainability.
Teva Learning Alliance is a national Jewish non-profit organization focused on innovation in Jewish education. Since 1994, we have worked with over 450 day schools, congregations, camps, JCCs, BJEs, youth groups, and other Jewish institutions. The more than 100,000 individuals who have benefited from our direct programs cover the spectrum of religious affiliation and age. The 700+ educators who have sought out our professional development opportunities spread ripples throughout their own communities.
Teva Day Schools Program Coordinator – Year-Round Position
Salary: $13,600 plus room and board for on-site seasons
Dates and locations:
On-site - Fall Season: Aug 20, 2012 to December 16, 2012. A work week is 5.5 days, 7:30 am to 10:00 pm
Fall Season Location: Isabella Freedman Jewish Retreat Center in Falls Village, CT, Southern Berkshires.
Off-site - Winter: January to April 15, 2013. Staff member will work from home, with internet and phone access, for an average of 15 hours a week. In January, staff member will work a maximum of 5 hours per week.
On-site - Spring Season: April 16 to June 15, 2013. A work week is 5.5 days, 7:30 am to 10:00 pm
Spring Season Location: Pearlstone Jewish Retreat Center, near Baltimore, MD.
Brief Job Description
- Liaison with the site, including but not limited to: kitchen, housing, maintenance issues, programming spaces and program turn-over logistics
- Liaison with schools, including but not limited to: housing and group assignments, curricular and programming concerns, students and staff concerns
- Liaison with parents as needed, including but not limited to: food allergies, other medical concerns, and behavioral issues
- Supervise educators, at times in coordination with the Director, including but not limited to: training, evaluation of educators, communal issues, disciplinary action
- Facilitate staff meetings
- Oversee EMT/WFR
- Provide logistical support to educators, including but not limited to moving, packing, and unpacking of the program, maintenance of supplies and ordering new supplies
- Fill in as needed and as time allows in educational opportunities, including but not limited to: song-leading, tefilla coordination, all-group programs, electives
- Liason with schools to calendar for 2013-2014 program
- Previous experience as a Teva educator (or Jewish environmental educator) preferred
- Organized with great attention to detail
- Excellent people skills and communication skills
- Ability to specific direction, as well as work independently
- Computer Skills: Word, Excel, Picasa
- Interest in taking on a leadership position
- Current CPR & First Aid Certification
Download an application from: http://bit.ly/MyA3Sk