Posted on June 26, 2012
Managing Director of Human Resources
College Summit - Managing Director of Human Resources
College Summit is currently seeking a talented and entrepreneurial professional to join their team as the Managing Director of Human Resources. Reporting to the COO, the Managing Director of Human Resources will be responsible for creating systems and infrastructure, and driving the implementation of all aspects of human resources for this high-impact, growing organization. Specifically, they will develop strategies and structures to better support organizational managers, systems to more effectively recruit, hire and retain top talent across the organization, in addition to overseeing the management of benefits, payroll and compliance. This is an excellent opportunity for a systems-oriented strategic thinker to support a growing organization, and to increase college access in low-income communities.
The Managing Director of HR will lead a highly talented and committed team of two additional staff to do the following:
- Take a lead in overall organizational development, by consulting with national and site leadership in analyzing and proposing solutions to address organizational development, structural, and staffing issues
- Collaborate with senior leadership on the execution of College Summit’s Diversity and Culture Strategy
- Lead the continued development and implementation of College Summit’s human capital strategy, and engage in additional strategic projects that impact the mission of College Summit, including performance management and organization development.
Recruiting and retaining top talent
- Develop and implement programs to ensure that College Summit has the best possible team in place across all positions by attracting and retaining top talent.
- Oversee and lead the recruitment efforts to ensure the most effective pipeline strategies for quickly identifying top candidates for open positions.
- Ensure staff receive the feedback they need to perform to their top capacity by managing the formal and informal performance management processes, including working with managers to ensure staff receives ongoing training and feedback
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to develop opportunities around management and leadership development training, and professional development plans for staff. Build strong relationships with staff and managers to better identify, anticipate and address areas of potential growth.
- Provide direct coaching to executives and staff in team building, leadership, and management.
Benefits and administration
- Ensure delivery of a high-quality, cost-effective benefits package, and conduct compensation studies to make changes as necessary to ensure College Summit attracts and retains top talent
- Create and refine HR policies and procedures, communicate policies to staff, and ensure all staff receives required training on key topics
- Manage all HR-related technology, including data management, applicant tracking and performance evaluation systems
Collaborate with operations team on questions around physical set-up of the office and building
- Manage organizational compliance in all HR-related matters, including in day-to-day benefits administration, overseeing audits, and maintaining compliance reports at local, state and federal levels.
Demonstrated expertise in the human resource function, and a strong understanding of the basic processes of benefits administration, compliance, and staff recruitment, development and retention.
Demonstrated success training or coaching managers, and the ability to think strategically to identify underlying issues and create solutions (trainings, systems or structures) to address them.
Systems-oriented individual, driven by the challenge of creating systems and putting structures in place to better support the human resource needs of a high-impact and dynamic organization
An excellent relationship-builder, with the ability to effectively implement new approaches by striking the right balance between getting buy-in and support, and pushing for results.
Demonstrated success creating and implementing systems in a high-functioning, dynamic organization; some experience with nonprofit organizations a plus.
Entrepreneurialism, flexibility, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative and quickly changing environment.
Please upload a resume and thoughtful cover letter, outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position and stating how you heard about this opportunity, both in Word format, to Jo Smith at http://jobs.cgcareers.org/application.aspx?id=1919 Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Compensation is competitive based on background and experience and includes excellent benefits. College Summit is an equal opportunity employer.
About Commongood Careers:
College Summit has partnered with Commongood Careers to conduct the search for a Managing Director of Human Resources. Commongood Careers is a mission-driven search firm that supports the hiring needs of the nation’s most innovative and high-performing nonprofit organizations. Since its founding in 2006, Commongood Careers has completed over 500 searches at 150 organizations in 26 states. Founded and staffed by nonprofit professionals, Commongood Careers offers personalized, engaged services to jobseekers and organizations throughout the hiring process, as well as access to a wealth of knowledge about nonprofit careers. Learn more about nonprofit jobs at Commongood Careers.