Posted on June 22, 2012
Manager of Foundation Relations
Newark Museum Association
Newark Museum Association - Manager of Foundation Relations
This newly created position grows out of the need to develop strategies for increasing support from national, regional, and local public and private foundations to support the operational and programmatic needs of the Museum. Reporting to the Director for Institutional Grants and Sponsorships, the Manager of Foundation Relations will help to expand the Museum’s foundation giving revenue by managing all foundation-related programs and activities including working with the Manager of Corporate Gifts in seeking support from corporate foundations, and conducting site visits to strengthen relationships with current and future funders. This individual will work across all areas of the Museum, working with program staff to develop proposals and reports for exhibition and education programs as well as for general operating support, capital and endowment initiatives and will provide support as needed for state and federal government solicitations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Strengthen relationships with current foundation funders and seek out new foundation prospects to increase foundation support including conduct prospect research, develop solicitation strategies, draft proposals and reports, organize cultivation meetings and events, identify opportunities for giving, and create strong donor recognition and benefit opportunities.
- Collaborate with Manager of Corporate Gifts and Grant Writers to develop foundation proposals and reports to secure restricted programmatic funds for art and science exhibitions, education programs, collection management initiatives, facility projects, and general operating support. Assist Director of Institutional Grants and Sponsorships with writing other government grants and reports as needed.
- Oversee and execute foundation acknowledgements and cultivation correspondence, and maintain updated records in Raiser’s Edge database system.
- Draft articles in relation to foundations for Access, the Museum’s membership magazine and development pages on the Museum’s web site. Oversee foundation funding credits on the Museum’s web site and in promotional materials.
- Provide staff support for senior staff and Director and Trustees level solicitations, and serve as an advocate to enhance awareness of the Museum’s resource development needs among the Trustees as well as among constituents outside the Museum.
Send letter of application and resume to:
The Newark Museum
49 Washington Street
Newark, NJ 07102