Posted on June 21, 2012
Special Events Coordinator
Rubin Museum of Art
Rubin Museum of Art - Special Events Coordinator
The mission of the Rubin Museum of Art is to foster a dynamic environment that stimulates learning, promotes understanding, and inspires personal connections to the idea, cultures, and art of Himalayan Asia. Now in its eighth year, the museum welcomes over 200,000 visitors annually and has 6,000 members. The museum is recognized for its innovative exhibitions and programs that explore cross-disciplinary ideas, and offers thematic exhibitions that often offer cross-cultural comparisons. The pace is lively with more than ten changing exhibitions and more than 250 public programs a year. The museum's preeminent collection includes works of art from present-day Afghanistan, Bhutan, China, India, Mongolia, Nepal, Pakistan, and the Tibetan Plateau.
The museum seeks a Special Events Coordinator to join the Special Events team. The Coordinator will execute a variety of special events, process facility rentals, and provide support to the Special Events team.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Coordinate assigned events and provide event logistics and operation support.
- Maintain assigned Outlook event calendar details and update and alert stakeholder museum staff.
- Work with museum staff to establish and maintain schedules for the social, cultivation, public relations/marketing, members, program related, volunteer recognition and holiday celebrations.
- Process facility rentals and related payments using PE ticketing system.
- Attend assigned Gala meetings and coordinate assigned Gala related responsibilities.
- Coordinate small-scale external event logistics and support (i.e. meetings).
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- B.A. or B.S. degree or equivalent required.
- At least 3 years' experience in event planning and management, preferably for a not-for-profit organization.
- Comfortable with a wide variety of computer applications including being well-versed in Microsoft Office Suite required.
- Knowledge of fundraising database management systems (Raiser's Edge) and POS ticketing system highly desirable.
- Well-organized by nature and experience.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Socially adept and collegial with colleagues.
- Ability to tackle competing tasks and priorities with efficiency, good humor and intelligence.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends based upon special events schedule.
- $37,000 - $40,000, depending upon experience.
- Competitive and attractive benefits package.
PLEASE PROVIDE THE FOLLOWING AS PART OF YOUR APPLICATION
- Complete resume, including salary history and salary requirements.
- Summarize your relevant qualifications for this specific position and separately address each of the Qualification points. No generic statements please.
- Indicate Special Events Coordinator on the Subject Line of Email or in body of cover letter.
- Applications in electronic format preferred, and accepted at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mailed applications - Manager, Human Resources, Rubin Museum of Art, 150 West 17th Street, New York, New York 10011