Posted on June 19, 2012
Girls Educational and Mentoring Services
Girls Educational and Mentoring Services - Development Manager
Position Summary: The Development Manager is responsible for supporting all fundraising functions of the Communications & Development team including funder prospecting, proposal writing, stewardship and outcomes management. This position ensures that annual funder base growth goals are met appropriately, as set by the Communications & Development Director and Founder & Chief Executive Officer. The Development Manager will assist the Communications & Development Director with building and maintaining relationships within the funding community. The ideal candidate will be a development generalist, with an ability to juggle competing demands with professionalism.
Tasks and Responsibilities: This statement of duties is for purpose of identifying this position but it is not limited to:
Develop and implement strategies for solicitation that will grow annual revenue from individuals, corporations, and foundations.
Manage all appeal campaigns
Manage and monitor online giving initiatives
Oversee foundation proposals
Liaise with Board of Directors for individual fundraising initiatives
Work collaboratively with other program areas to advance fundraising goals
- Meet with funders as determined by the Communications & Development Director
- In collaboration with the Communications and Development Director manage department’s workflow including overseeing departmental calendar that integrates direct mail, online giving, foundation proposals, awareness campaigns, newsletters and events
- Assist the Director of Communications and Development in evaluating the organization strategic master plan and develop a 5year fundraising strategy
- Analyze new business opportunities for donor expansion.
- Reconcile records with fiscal department
- Monitor progress to goals on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis
Manage new funder prospecting, including: research, analysis of fit, and proposal/grant writing;
- Oversee and monitor the processing and acknowledging of all philanthropic contributions to GEMS
Supervise management of donor records on Salesforce and gift recognition
Oversees and monitor all events management
Oversees and monitor the coordination of third party fundraising
Oversees and monitor the management of GEMS donors database
Oversees and monitor all grants prospecting, cultivation, writing and reporting functions.
Track progress of funder relationships and supervise maintenance of an outcomes database
Support and coordinate fundraising volunteers
Lead and manage fundraising activities of auxiliary fundraising group, e.g. Young Professionals, and steward relationships with committee members.
Work in collaboration with the Director of Communications and Development to carry out selection of staff as necessary
In collaboration with the Director of Communications and Development coach and develop staff including holding performance reviews.
Bachelor’s Degree required
3–5 years experience working on a fundraising team, supporting overall fundraising goals of department
- Commitment to the vision and mission of Girls Educational and Mentoring Services<
Demonstrated record of conceiving and implementing fundraising strategies to successfully raise funds from individuals, foundations corporations and other constituencies
knowledge of fundraising concepts, proposal writing, and donor software and reporting;
Ability to create systems, track progress to goals, and communicate this information regularly experience interacting with high level contacts, including board members, government representatives, foundation officials, and corporate representatives and major donors
Ability to build a strong team, inspire and motivate others by example.
Adept at managing multiple projects and complex situations.
- High energy, self-managing, entrepreneurial personality
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Ability to gather and synthesize data
Adapts strategy to changing conditions and communicates changes effectively.
Speaks clearly and effectively in positive or negative situations.
Writes clearly and informatively, varies writing style to meet specific needs.
- Attention to Detail
- Attitude Toward Others
- Emotional Control
- Empathetic Outlook
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Following Directions
- Meeting Standards
- Personal Accountability
- Project/Task and Goals Focus
- Respect for Policies
- Team Player
- Organized Workplace
Please email a cover letter, resume and salary requirement with Grant Coordinator in the subject line to our Operations Department email@example.com. WE WILL BE REVIEWING ONLY THOSE RESUMES WITH SALARY REQUIREMENT INCLUDED. No phone calls please!
SURVIVORS AND WOMEN OF COLOR ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY!